passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

N+

Hendo

This is where it could get tricky.

This is a free flash game on t'internet, it's not long hit Live Arcade and it's coming to the DS and PSP (maybe Wii as well?). Frankly, where this thread should go I have no idea, but I throw up my hands and say bollocks to it all.

Basically, you are a ninja, but you have no weapons, you can just move and jump. The game is all about physics and momentum, and getting from the start to the exit. Along the way you might have to hit a switch to open the exit, and there's gold lying around which adds extra time, but there's also enemies like rocket launchers, lasers, mine pits, and you can die if you drop from a great height.

Have a look for the free version HERE.

The question of why pay for a free game comes up a lot, but in this case, the Live Arcade version has been fleshed out with tons of levels (it seems like the N+ fan community have designed levels for this version), various multiplayer types such as survival and race, co-op modes can be unlocked. Basically, the game is much bigger and better than the flash version. And it's only about 7 quid. What will happen with the (presumably) more expensive DS and PSP versions I'm not sure, but I'm more than happy with the Live Arcade one. I'm not gonna be finished with it anytime soon. :)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll certainly be buying either the PSP or DS version as I'm 360less. I haven't played that much of the PC version, but enough to know that I want to play more, if that makes sense. And I love my handheld gaming. :blush:

Phooey wrote:

I'll certainly be buying either the PSP or DS version as I'm 360less. I haven't played that much of the PC version, but enough to know that I want to play more, if that makes sense. And I love my handheld gaming. :blush:

Yeah that's where I'm at aswell. I've not played a huge amount of N but i do like it and I reckon I'd play it more on a handheld.

Part Time Gamer wrote:

Oh great. So this game is great. I played the demo and I do like it, very much so, but this will be my 20th or so XBLA game if I do get it. I was hoping to calm down with downloads. :(

I have 33 :blush: Havent played a couple ive downloaded so that will be more, plus Triggerheart tomorrow, im like Live's answer to Hendo.

I've heard N+ suddenly has a huge difficulty spike part way through the game, making the single player really unenjoyable. Is this correct? I played through the tutorial and all of the missions that the trial allows you, and I was having a great time. I almost bought it there and then. The style reminded me of Portal, in 2D.

Yeah I'm not even halfway through and I'm stuck good and proper. I certainly don't regret buying it though!

The one I'm stuck on is due to a lack of time but it's the last level of a chapter of 5. The time you have left carries over the 5 so I think I just have to re-do the others to get better time as I start the last one with about 10 seconds on the clock.

• 2 weeks later...

RetroEd wrote:

I've heard N+ suddenly has a huge difficulty spike part way through the game, making the single player really unenjoyable. Is this correct?

This is the level I'm stuck on, and have been for a while. It's a cunt, frankly.

Hendo wrote:

This is the level I'm stuck on, and have been for a while. It's a cunt, frankly.

I've just done that level. B)

It seems that it's harder because there is an achievement right after it, levels after it go back to a managable difficulty after that.

• 4 months later...

So the first level pack came out yesterday and it's 200 levels (150 single player and 50 co-op) for 200 points, which is an absolute steal.

The very first level has blocks made into the word "sorry" and you just walk from left to right to get to the exit, and the name of the level is "to all those who are stuck on Master Control". :lol:

<_<

You better be sorry, I'm still stuck on that level.

The new pack has got me back into the game though and I'd still recommend it. You can skip the episode that Master Control is on, it jut means you don't grab the achievement points.

Watching that video again, it really is shocking how hard it is, and I'd understand if it was the last level in the game but it's not even halfway through! And the levels are much easier after that. :rolleyes:

• 6 months later...

Excellent! I'm not sure if there's any online co-op but the offline same screen stuff is brilliant, but gets mighty hard in the later stages.

If you can do online co-op or competitive multi then we'll have to set up a game.

• 2 months later...

Been going back to this over the past couple of days and I can safely say this is the best co-op game ever made. We finished the main co-op levels and when the achievement popped up I nearly kissed him - brutal, evil, devious levels designed by some kind of higher being.

I've even designed some levels myself for the first time and one's actually pretty well designed, albeit done purely by accident. Shame you can't share them on the XBLA version.