passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

New TV

retroed

36 minutes ago, Nag said:

Looks really nice but no Dolby Vision, no perfect blacks and that price is too much. Be sticking with OLED for the time being

Today I saw they’re e doing something called QD OLED but they’re just brighter OLEDs and didn’t rate especially well for video games 

8 minutes ago, Maf said:

Dolby Vision, no perfect blacks

From all I've seen so far Dolby Vision sounds like a hot mess for gaming so that's no great loss... and I've said all I'm going to in regards to blacks on these tv's, they do black just fine.

I know it was fucked with Halo Infinite on Xbox... as with anything on the Internet though it could've been the vocal minority shouting loudest who knows... I haven't got it to try.🤣

Yeah Dolby Vision for things like D+ is why I want it.

I didn’t realise it was bad for games? Not sure what the examples of those are.

By the looks of it I’ll be getting a C1 looking online this afternoon. The C2 is better and I am tempted by the fact it’s brighter when using BFI but for the money I think I go with the C1

Personally cannot recommend my TV enough @Maf

It's an LG 55" C2, has been absolutely fantastic since I got it. I was in the same boat about C1 v C2 but the new evo tech with the C2 made it worth the money for me, they were offering up to £300 cashback at some point on C2's too and a 5 year warranty where I bought it from (Sevenoaks S&V) but not sure if that's still the case. 

I got a cheque from LG for £200 in the post a few weeks ago. Wouldn't go QLED as it's a stepback compared to OLED which you've already experienced, so would feel like a slight downgrade I'd imagine.

21 hours ago, mfnick said:

Dolby Vision may be shit for games but in films and Streaming is revolutionary. Looks loads better than standard HDR. 

Completely agree with this, DV for films and streaming is absolutely insane.

Hmm well I spent most of my work day  watching YT videos on C1 vs C2 and C2 does have some things I like. A bit brighter, better motion, better tone mapping, faster on menus and things. But it’s also £500 more expensive. 

My mate just text me and said he’s already sold he’s TV so got to make my mind up soon

EDIT: I’m reminded how much I hate buying/researching TV’s

Yeah, I saw that, too but at this point if I was going to play anything retro it’d be on PC anyway. I’ve got no way to hook old consoles up to a modern TV and don’t really have any desire to

I think you should get the C2, if you get the C1 you'll just keep looking at it thinking I should have got the C2

Spoiler

Honestly, I've no real idea what you're talking about or the differences between them really, I'm clueless on Tvs

Neither do I which is why I have to watch so many videos. 

I’m thinking if I should get one it should be the C2 but I wasn’t really looking to spend a £1000 this month. I only phoned my mate up to see how to sell a TV and now here we are 

13 hours ago, mfnick said:

C2. You’ll regret it if not. You’ll get the C1 and always be thinking and wishing you got the 2 instead. You’ll never be happy with it. 

You know it makes sense. 

I knew I would be doing this if I got the C1 for sure. C2 is a banger of a TV, pretty much the best in class that midrange OLED price range from the reviews I watched/read around the time I got mine. 

As Nick says, you won't regret it.

Trying to get Curry’s to price match other shops because they do a 5 year guarantee on the C2. But they won’t do it because the model number of theirs end is 4LA and others that are cheaper end in 6LD. I don’t know what the difference is. It’s not obvious in the product descriptions.

Give me my £200 off and 5 year guarantee 😭

Edit: Oh hang on I just tried a second time and the person gave me a discount code. Oooh let’s see if this works 

1 hour ago, Maf said:

Trying to get Curry’s to price match other shops because they do a 5 year guarantee on the C2. But they won’t do it because the model number of theirs end is 4LA and others that are cheaper end in 6LD. I don’t know what the difference is. It’s not obvious in the product descriptions.

Give me my £200 off and 5 year guarantee 😭

Edit: Oh hang on I just tried a second time and the person gave me a discount code. Oooh let’s see if this works 

nod-jacknicholson.gif

The LA/LD thing is the different colours. I had no idea then my tv turned up and its white at the back.

You can never see it and the screen surround it the same on all (I think) so I don't think it really matters.

Yeah, the code worked so got £200 off. Sell my other one for a £1000 and I got a brand new C2 for £900. Not bad.

Although genuinely had no plans to get a new TV at the start of the week. I only asked how to sell a TV on a whim. I mean my current TV is still perfectly good. I’ve also spent a lot of money what feels like every month this year and this month was supposed to be good one for savings and was going great!

But here we are. New TV a week Saturday