passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Introduction Thread

Centy

• 1 month later...

Hi there. I'm the Cyberpunk. My real name is Paul, I'm married with three kids, live and work in Plymouth. I've been having a minor argument with RetroEd (who I work with) for quite some time now. Basically, I'm a die hard pc gamer, and Ed is trying to move me to the consoles. Hey man! I bought a DS. Take your victory and run with it!! Seriously though, I have an Xbox360 and a Wii, as well as the afor mentioned Ds, and whilst I love them all, My Pc is my Baby. When I buy games, I still look at Pc versions first. I'm the guy that waited nine months for the Pc version of GTA4.

I intend to write some reviews of pc games, old and new for you guys, and if you think you can change my mind on console gaming, please try.

Specs

AMD Athlon XP+ 5600 quad core (now a triple core after a very slight burnout)

3 gig DDR2 800 ram

Nvidia GeForce 9800GT Direct X 10 graphic card with 512 megs GDDR3 Ram

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 Soundcard

1 terabyte Hard drive space over three drives

Philips 22inch widescreen monitor

Cool and quiet gamer Pc shell

1 Madcatz Xbox360 gamepad

Specs

AMD Athlon XP+ 5600 quad core (now a triple core after a very slight burnout)

3 gig DDR2 800 ram

Nvidia GeForce 9800GT Direct X 10 graphic card with 512 megs GDDR3 Ram

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 Soundcard

1 terabyte Hard drive space over three drives

Philips 22inch widescreen monitor

Cool and quiet gamer Pc shell

1 Madcatz Xbox360 gamepad

Sounds painful.... :huh:

Welcome!

Welcome, new boy.

It could be nice having a PC gamer around bringing a new flavour to the forum. As long as that flavour isn't complaining about PC games being 'dumbed down' for it's inevatable console release that will make me go :rolleyes: , <_< or :huh:

You could be useful though, I wouldn't mind knowing how to get old games such as Grim Fandango to run on my Vista loaded laptop, without any shady business, naturally.

Welcome, new boy.

It could be nice having a PC gamer around bringing a new flavour to the forum. As long as that flavour isn't complaining about PC games being 'dumbed down' for it's inevatable console release that will make me go :rolleyes: , <_< or :huh:

You could be useful though, I wouldn't mind knowing how to get old games such as Grim Fandango to run on my Vista loaded laptop, without any shady business, naturally.

Right click on the exe file (the one you use to run the game), click on properties, and somewhere in properties you should be able to change the compatibility mode. Change that to anything pre-vista and click the "run as admin" box too and you should be fine.

Welcome, new boy.

Funny you should mention that. I had grim fandango running on Vista not long ago. Give me some time to remember how I did it, and I'll get back to you.

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone. I am Badger (real name of course) like the Pirate. I have been gaming for a long time but unlike most I seem to have gotten better with age rather than worse. Not that I am saying I have Ninja skills or anything, that would be silly. Started my gaming life on the Amiga when all games were free and Piracy was fun and cuddly, then onto the SNES, Mega Drive, PSOne, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, 360 and PS3, with each new console piracy became a little less fun and cuddly, I miss you fun and cuddly piracy :weep:

I am currently having a lot of fun looking for a job. Have an appointment to start new deal next week which should allow me to live my dream of sitting round in a room full of crackheads while I twiddle my thumbs all day. Result!

I also like hugs.

That will be all.

Hello, welcome to the site.

I too was on New Deal, and it was more boring than anything else. Horrible at the time, but there were some good people there, the main problem is that there's not a lot they can do to help, yet you have to be there everyday.

Take a book :)