passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Halo 3

Swallow

Ive never yet had a problem with mine, although its only just a month old and like I said im not usually on it for really long periods without a break, but having said that my xbox disconnected from xbox live and therefore didnt save properly whilst playing pro evo.....Im not entirely sure why it happened but never mind eh its only pro evo.

EDIT* that was incredibly off topic, sorry. Spoke to Sly t'other day and he was saying that multiplayer in the Forge mode was the funniest gaming moment hes had in a long time.

I agree it should have an autosave, I finished level 2 turned off without saving and ended up back at the start of the game the other day.

But the campaign has gotten so god damn good that I'd forgotten all about that till I saw this post. In all honesty, I usually play till a missions over then save and quit, sometimes I play half a mission or so, but yeah, it really should have an autosave, another reason it shouldn't really get a 10 from EDGE but its now gone from an 8/10 for me to a 9/10

well now having got passed where i was and also remembering to quit from time to time to save means i'm right back in it. Really enjoying the campaign mode so far, about to start part 4. How long is the game roughly, i noticed its got 9 parts. I noticed one of my other mates has finished it already, you get roughly 350 achievements for finishing all of the chapters on normal, if anyone is interested in achievement whoring

Ive just completed the second level and am quite enjoying it. It's no Half Life 2, but its a good solid arcadey FPS - which will come into its own during hardcoire multiplayer sessions!

Ive had no problems with not having an Autosave yet as i always tend to make sure and double sure that Ive saved in all games i play :P

I don't know why I'm feeling it, because I don't even really like Halo that much (Except in co-op), but I can't help but feel like I'm missing out on something.

I always feel the same at console launches.:(

The online Forge stuff is quality.

I was playing with people from GamesTM and now Loading on Wednesday night (I think, might have been Thursday though), SlyEnemy, myself and AndyKurosaki/Lugunaloire were on the same team (Pink team ftw!) and we spent the whole time pissing about while the others took it seriously (especially Duffman.....meh).

I was spawning Mongoose's (quad bikes) and taking it off the sloped building in Sandtrap, getting some great air:

Halo3_jump2.jpg

halo3jump1.jpg

Then I ran around selling the spawn points in an attempt to make it so there was only one, then surround it with explosive barrels, then shoot the barrels when people spawned, but got sidetracked by Andy and Sly asking me to join them in the next piece.

Sly decided it'd be a great idea to spawn a block, and for me and Andy to spawn the Covenant sniper rifle, we'd jump onto the block and he'd carry us around by entering edit mode and picking the block up, although that didn't really work as he couldn't keep it steady enough.

So instead, Andy and I got into a tank I was on cannon, Andy on turret. Anyhow, Sly picked us up, which I don't think the game liked as the whole tank kept glitching all over the place, and we "flew" around the map. Admittedly, we only got one kill like this, but it was funny as hell!

So yeah, Forge is great fun, so long as everyone on your team joins in with each others ideas.

Man, mine hasnt turned up yet, but i ordered it at the same time as Ed. so hopefully it will be in his shipment....gutted that its not here yet, but I wouldnt have been able to play it as ive been away. Seriously looking forward to the multiplayer though.

I played through most of the game on local co-op tonight round a mate's place (not sure how early on in the game it was).

We completed it and the last level is a real adrenaline pumper, but he was a bit disappointed with it, though for spoiler reasons I shouldn't really say why.

I've not hands on with this yet. I only know 3 people with 360's and none of them have got it yet (one doesn't even want it, he doesn't deserve to have his 360)

The one thing I want to know. Is the story campain the best so far? (no sploilers pls)

Most people I know thought Halo2 single/co-op story mode sucked. Most of my friends hated the Avatar(alien covenent) bits, I didn't mind them. They added a change of pace, but did detract from the 'alone solidier' atmosphere.

I hope to play it soon, I just hope I don't have the same problem as I did playing the first Halo.

I did 3 levels, then moved outta my shared house. I only had a GC and didn't really get to play the single play game till 3yr's later (well after halo2 came out)

I'd probably go out and get a 360, if Xbox live didn't have a subscription (and if I had any money that is)

Oh well Zelda Phantom Hourglass will have to keep my busy till I figuire out how to grow a money tree.

I got the pleasure of playing this over the weekend, we had 2 x 360's with 2 TV's in one room, and two teams of 3 and it was a right fuckin laugh. Multi player hijinks is where its at, we had randomly selected player names which added to the hilarity. I'll be picking this up from Tesco tonight, cannee wait to play you mofo's online.

illdog wrote:

I got the pleasure of playing this over the weekend, we had 2 x 360's with 2 TV's in one room, and two teams of 3 and it was a right fuckin laugh. Multi player hijinks is where its at, we had randomly selected player names which added to the hilarity. I'll be picking this up from Tesco tonight, cannee wait to play you mofo's online.

Wanna do some Co-Op tonight then?

Problem is Riva, my flats to small for me to be talking shit on the little TV playing co-op on Live with my misses in the same room watching shit on the main telly, i have to wait for her to fuck off elsewhere.

Im off Thursday pm, and she's out Thursday night too, so im game then if you can make it?