passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Podcasts

Phooey

Garnett Lee is back.

Garnett gets back behind the mic to launch his new show Garnett on Games and the timing couldn't be better because there's no shortage of things to talk about. South Part: the Stick of Truth came out this week, Watch Dogs got a release date, a new Batman game is on the way this year and it's next-gen only, tons of audience questions already queued up, and a whole lot more.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/garnett-on-games/id837043555?mt=2

I listened to it the other day, it's better than it should be considering it's just him. When he's not playing devil's advocate Garnett can talk a lot of sense, and he seems to be one of the few members of the press who recognise they might have biases

In other podcast news, I might skip the bombcast this week. It's got John Drake, Dark Souls and Titanfall, none of which I need to hear more about

The Bombcast is pretty good actually this week. Worth it for the continuing Australia beef.

Also you learn not to get on a plane if John Drake is around because you might die.

The Dark Souls II talk is good - the fact that enemies will eventually never come back is a bit scary.

Titanfall is compared to the first Assassin's Creed - they've made a good stab at their idea but the sequels should be a massive improvement.

• 1 month later...

don't know if anyone is still listening to Garnett on Games. It's not bad, it can be a bit slow moving but a few episodes have been pretty good.

Anyway, this past week he had a call in from a guy who we'll describe as 'urban'. Immediately after Garnett starts talking all ghetto, being all "for real, bro, when my fighters are fronting, I want them to represent, you feel?" :facepalm:

• 1 month later...

I was listening to the bombcast on the way home and they started lecturing on conflict of interests and journalistic integrity. They really do live in their own little bubble

now Vinny has gone and I have less time I can see me falling off the bombcast, and Giant Bomb in general, but I am looking forward to seeing what Dan Ryckert is like

on a related note, Garnett Lee talks about the Amplitude stuff on his podcast this week, pretty interesting take on it as he criticised what was going on and got some abuse from other journalists and his game dev buddies

• 7 months later...

Absolutely gutted to hear that Chet & Jon's is ending. The best podcast. Genuine.

This week's is the penultimate.

Hmmm. I was just asking myself why I still listen to them the other day. It's pretty academic now, I suppose.

I find their tastes in games are pretty dull, and their opinions quite a way off.

I think I mainly listen to it out of habit these days, it's just something I have on at the gym. I guess it helps they're often pretty funny.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently there's a new episode of Joypod on iTunes? :o

I've been listening to a bit on the way to work this afternoon. Before anyone gets too excited, this is a one-off reunion episode prompted by Michael's imminent move to the US to work.

I'm impressed with how quickly they got back into the groove after a year or so away.

• 1 month later...

Dan Ryckert's Monster Hunter rant.. I haven't played it but even I was face palming.

"Here's why I hate Monster Hunter. Number 1. You can't pause it..."

Drew - "you can, its in the menu screen"

Brad - "just close your DS?"

Dan - "ummm..OK..I'll scratch that one off.."

Nice to see Drew and Brad not taking his shit.

Cara Ellison is on the new Idle Thumbs too. Probably the only Aberdonian with a more all over the shop accent than mine.