The Virtual Console

Hendo

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I might buy Rolling Thunder 2 actually, mostly for old times sake as it was one of the few MD games I owned.

If you're familiar with the original, well, it's exactly the same but you can either be a man or woman.

It's good fun, but I don't honestly think it should be high up on anyone's lists.

Oh, there's actually 3 games today apparently:

Rolling Thunder 2 - Mega Drive

Light Crusader - Mega Drive

Cybernator - SNES

Cybernator is listed under old games, so it could be the game they nearly released a couple of weeks ago.

VC-Reviews (with youtube footage) gives Rolling Thunder 2 a 5 star review!

Actually, all games this week are rated at at least 4 stars, so just cos you ain't heard of 'em doesn't mean it's a bad week.

sambob wrote:

I hope all of you girls and boys got pokemon snap?

I have and its great!!!

My wife thinks I've lost it but it really is genuinely addictive, I'm having fun playing it for sure.

I did download Lylat Wars yesterday though so thats getting a fair go too.

Me and Ben were talking the other night about the old games that we haven't seen, for example, EA have not been involved so far. Gotta have some Road Rash and Desert Strike!

And of course, let's hope Rare, Microsoft and Nintendo come to some kind of agreement! And whoever owns the Bond license these days...

• 2 weeks later...

Hendo wrote:

Me and Ben were talking the other night about the old games that we haven't seen, for example, EA have not been involved so far. Gotta have some Road Rash and Desert Strike!

And of course, let's hope Rare, Microsoft and Nintendo come to some kind of agreement! And whoever owns the Bond license these days...

That would be the mega conglomerate Activision-Blizzard!

I wouldn't count on Goldeneye. It's just too complicated that it could realistically be released. I hope I'm proven wrong.

My DNA doesnt allow me to extract the full benefit from Harvest Moon titles. They just become a little dull after a while, but I also know that apparently after much work comes great happiness, and it all becomes worth the effort. Unfortunately ive never got to that stage.

illdog wrote:

My DNA doesnt allow me to extract the full benefit from Harvest Moon titles. They just become a little dull after a while, but I also know that apparently after much work comes great happiness, and it all becomes worth the effort. Unfortunately ive never got to that stage.

my girlfriend loves the HM games, apparently the SNES incarnation is still the best one. They are something i've never managed to get either, which is odd considering the unhealthy amount of time i've spent with both versions on Animal Crossing.

I cant get the AC games either. I'm sure if I really got into it I'd get hooked, but I struggled to even get past naming my town, and didnt last long with the game at all.

I was tempted to get this though, and would I think, if there weren't already games say in my Wii :unsure: unplayed. Especially as theres a good chance i'd never get anywhere with it

I've been slipping with the updates recently, anyway - Just so its official: :)

UPDATE 04/01/08

Harvest Moon (SNES) 800 points

I've never tried a Harvest Moon game either, I wouldnt of gotten into Animal Crossing if my mate hadnt of given me a go on it.

I would probably get unhealthily into it if i tried it, which is why i wont bother!

Im hoping the updates are gonna get more frequently good soon. I too am hankering for some Body Harvest. I hope the Rare situation sorts itself out soon as some Goldeneye, Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong 64 action wouldnt go amiss either.