passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Lies of P

DisturbedSwan

It looks like a really solid souls-like, and Gamepass makes it a really nice deal, but watching it…hmm. It doesn’t live up to the trailer. Looks kind of standard souls gameplay and vibe where as the trailer made it seem like it would have more of a unique twist 

• 9 months later...

I’m not really any good at Souls games, DS2 was the only one I’ve finished. And that’s because enemies eventually stayed dead. 

Still, I’ll give the demo for this a go at least. Probably be a good thing if I don’t get on with it, as my wallet/backlog is already going “For fucks sake” 😄

Tried this demo now, got up to the 2nd boss and stopped. I’m really disappointed. I still love the style and aesthetics, but gameplay wise it’s lacking. It’s a very generic Bloodborne clone and it’s missing a unique gimmick. The normal combat isn’t particularly satisfying and it’s relying far too much on its perfect guard, but it’s so harsh with its timing it’s just not enjoyable. Plus there’s little to no feedback even when you do get the perfect guard so it’s just not fun to do. 

I’ll still play it since it’s on Gamepass but I’m definitely not as interested now. 

• 3 months later...