passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Jimboxy

yeah you definatly must stray from the gold line to get the most out of it. I'd forgotten how funny fables charectors were. I'd be surprised if Americans could understand half of what they are saying.

You're right, it's refreshing to have a game with no American accents at all.

That really annoyed me about Oblivion - there's nothing wrong with Americans per se, but I don't think their accents work well in fantasy games.

Damn you, hype machine. *shakes fist*

I can handle not getting Dead Space, Far Cry 2 or Disaster, but I've still not picked up Wario Land and now this is screaming "buy me". :(

Anyone any idea how big it is? If it's like a 40+ hour RPG then I won't bother.

Ive heard its about 8 hours long, but i find it fun just mucking around, ane building up your empire

Was doing a job at the blacksmith earlier today getting a big combo so i can get promoted and this big servbot face (David) came over and i scuffed it :P

Damn you, hype machine. *shakes fist*

I can handle not getting Dead Space, Far Cry 2 or Disaster, but I've still not picked up Wario Land and now this is screaming "buy me". :(

Anyone any idea how big it is? If it's like a 40+ hour RPG then I won't bother.

Ive heard its about 8 hours long, but i find it fun just mucking around, ane building up your empire

Was doing a job at the blacksmith earlier today getting a big combo so i can get promoted and this big servbot face (David) came over and i scuffed it :P

:lol:

Sorry about that.

I tried doing co-op with Wildejon earlier, but I got a connection error.

ah right lol, i dont think co-ops that great atm.

The 2nd player has to use a random person, but fi they choose a save device they still can earn the money and the exp.

Im awaiting the patch coz i want to be my own person when playing online.

Funny that people complain tht games are too short, but i dont like playing games that are too long now!

Lionhead Working on Fable 2 Abbot Glitch

Written Saturday, October 25, 2008 by Dan Webb

It's natural (or so we're told) that these days, in the big games, small things can skip past the development team in testing. It appears that this is the case with Fable 2 and the duly named "Abbot glitch".

The glitch occurs if you ignore the Oakfield Abbot at the beginning of the "Monk's Quest"; after that, he becomes unresponsive and your save is pretty much screwed.

For new players, to avoid this glitch, Lionhead suggest "If you want to avoid this issue, when you go to the Abbot for the first time don't run away and leave the region after he has started talking to you. Listen to him, let him finish his cut-scene, and then you are free to do what you wish."

If you have come across this glitch, unfortunately there is no work around and you'll have to wait for the fix that they are working on, or god forbid, start again. Ted from Lionhead posts "This is an isolated issue, but we are currently looking into it as a matter of priority. If you have already encountered this issue, there is unfortunately no work-around at this time, but we will keep you updated on any progress made."

So there is a patch coming and it's a "matter of priority" ... When will it drop? Your guess is as good as mine. Let's just hope it's soon.

That it a terrible glitch, ive already started again! Im glad i listened to the abbot then

Is this the bit before he asks you to

go sort the bandits out

? If it is, I've just done that so PHEW. I tend to listen to most of the conversations anyway. I'm still enjoying this muchly. It looks rough in places, but then you get to another area and think wow, this looks amazing! I don't have much money yet, but I am a level 4 blacksmith, will get to level 5 when I next play probably, it takes a while to increase now.

Regarding the short games point, I too prefer the shorter games these days. I don't have time for the epics anymore!

Thank god I got past the bit with the Abbot bug fine. :( Shitty for those who didn't.

As for the game, I've just done the

Crucible

, which was awesome. The game tells me I should wrap up loose ends and

say goodbye to my family before I go to the Spire

, so I'll be doing that. Basically I'm just trying to buy tons of properties and stuff like that. Everyone in Bowerstone loves me totally, they're all like marry me you hunk (Even the gay people) and I feel so proud. But now I have a great marriage with Annette the Villager I won't be cheating on anyone now. I'm not being divorced again and losing my kid... :weep:

Zelda was a mad bitch. I'll kill her if I ever see her again. <_<

Ive really enjoyed what ive played so far, its really easy to pick up and play and none of the cutscenes/CPU's shit on for too long which is always a must for me.

Ive just freed some slaves at the lake but that will be my final good deed, im an utter asshole from this point on. The fist thing i did when i got to Bowerstone was try and make some money, ive got one of the local housewives gagging for some cock so i wanted a ring cos the ill name must live on and there was a sale on at the jewlers. Anyway, i made so much cash as a blacksmith that i bought the jewlers aswell as a ring! Apparently ill be getting money every five minutes even when im not playing - if thats right thats pretty fucking cool.

ive heard tht loads of people didnt get it every 5 minutes when they slept but earned money more like every 20 minutes :S

Also

tgfac.png

Fable 2 had breached the microsoft achievement policy, where you HAVE to get pub games to be able to get the completionist achievement.

Yea yoy can watch someone else but thats not the point, point is that someone had to get pub games in the first place.

More info here

You could try getting the original Fable on Originals, but this is a must buy Hendo, the leveling system is similar to Crackdowns, and although you cant do giant leaps and stuff, the powers are quite good. Ive found it quite similar to Zelda, its got a good story, and Zoe wannamaker does a really good job in her role so far.

You could try getting the original Fable on Originals, but this is a must buy Hendo

:( I really want it. Every bastard on my friends list is playing it, but by the time I get it you'll all be bored of it. I know how it works, you wait for me to get the game and then "it's shit". :weep:

You could try getting the original Fable on Originals, but this is a must buy Hendo

:( I really want it. Every bastard on my friends list is playing it, but by the time I get it you'll all be bored of it. I know how it works, you wait for me to get the game and then "it's shit". :weep:

Agreed, I keep thinking "I can afford this, if I rush it I can get it done before LBP", there's no way though and I'm forever doomed to sit quietly while you all talk about your dogs and killing your wives

well i'll say it's crap now, although i'm not really far enough in to have a proper opinion, it just seems like the first one (which i got bored of half way through) all i've done is follow a glowing line and mash one button when baddies appear. the other stuff may be good if you like the idea of having a billion wives and killing them all? and the minigames are boringtastic. wish i hadn't bought it, and wouldn't have if lbp hadn't been delayed, i blame lbp.

That little extra that Hinn mentioned on Fable2.com is great, i just got a Nasty Expression Book and a vial of Apocalyptic Pink Dye! WIN. ready and waiting for me next time I load up.

I wernt signed in :(

You can do it again and get different items

You get when ur int he guild hall but if u open the chest already, save and quite there, and then load it back up and the chest should be closed.