passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Pegasus spyware

therealjaxon

I'm definitely not being sarcastic about the Epstein thing, or the fact that Bill Gates planned a pandemic to microchip us all with Windows Vista (because he is evil, he chooses the worst OS to hit us all with). That's why he hacked the forum the other day, to prevent me dropping these red pills on you all. But I see through him

I first heard of this software when watching the Jamal Khashoggi documentary on Prime video.

Just don't click on any dodgy links and you'll be fine pretty much. I ain't going down some mad conspiracy rabbit hole where Bill Gates turns out to be my estranged father. This line of thinking is what makes relatively sane people anti-vaxxers and rabid right wing QAnon supporters.

I'm not giving up all my tech and the convenience that goes along with it just so I can stick it to the man, seems very silly to me. Just be careful and have your wits about you, and you'll be fine. 

I still think being cybersecurity conscious is not a bad attitude to have though, while it's also good to take a balanced perspective on your own personal risk. It needs to be motivated by shit grounded in reality and not unverifiable shite. I dunno how the Bill Gates stuff got pulled in here but I accept responsibility for bringing up MS MFA which I thought was a fairly innocuous subject lol.

(I don't think I need to explain that I'm yoshing on ppl with the other stuff.... or do I?!)

The old adage of 'if it's free you are the product' is a good one to keep remembering. It goes beyond clicking on weird links, the immensely popular Audacity collects data for "or law enforcement, litigation and authorities' requests (if any)". Where is it stored and set? Well " All your personal data is stored on our servers in the European Economic Area (EEA). However, we are occasionally required to share your personal data with our main office in Russia and our external counsel in the USA."

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/od3h8b/audacity_may_collect_data_necessary_for_law/

Now does that mean that Audacity is being used by Big Brother to snoop on you specifically and accuse you of wrongthink, probably not. But telemetry like this is worrying, and yes the QAnon crowd will be the first to morph it into a complicated web of conspiracy involving really weird South Park level shit, but it doesn't mean that it's a paranoid attitude to not want to put up with this sort of stuff and that people shouldn't give out about it. Like what even is the data they are keeping, and is it compromising if a security breach happens and it all gets exposed. It's not good shit to have installed for that reason alone

10 hours ago, HandsomeDead said:

To me, sarcasm is the the lowest form of wit.

Finish the sentence.

This kind of panic is like what happened when cctv started going up. “They’re watching us!” “Where’s my privacy?”. Mate no one cares to watch you going into the chip shop. But if on your way you’re mugged it’s recorded and an arrest can be made. 

I read a bit about him off the back of him splitting up with his wife, turns out he is a prick. The pushing back on making the Oxford vaccination public's domain (that's the wrong word, can't think of the right one) is a particularly dickish move, especially considering how much the Bill and Melinda foundation make a big deal of all the money and other things they've done to support countries.

Only tangentially related, but if you're not already, I'd highly recommend using a password safe to generate and manage passwords for sites you access. I use 1Password which is a paid service myself but there are free options as well, as well as MFA on any site or app that allows it.

My parents are awful with passwords, as I imagine most people of that generation are. They’ll always press no on their phone wanting to remember a password for them and choose instead to write it down in a book. 

1 hour ago, mmmark said:

My parents are awful with passwords, as I imagine most people of that generation are. They’ll always press no on their phone wanting to remember a password for them and choose instead to write it down in a book. 

do your parents work in an office in a videogame?