passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

mmmark

Little surprised for me, I did think it would make it this year by the skin of its teeth (December). 

Shame, not sure why its taking so long if they're reusing assets and the same world as the first game? Weird we've still not got an official name for it either. 

But yeah, will just have to twiddle our thumbs a bit longer I guess.

I don't think there's anyway they use the same map. 

Here's the video they put out for the delay. Man had a haircut and wearing a suit. Looking a lot more professional.

They say in the video that the game is going beyond even the sky. Are they going to put a dark/twilight world in this game, maybe?

I also didn't realise until now that the Master Sword and Link's arm is destroyed. 

• 5 months later...
  • mmmark changed the title to The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Link Between Worlds?

But they’ve never had a game that directly takes place after the first, in the same area. Which I assume this is because the reveal trailer has Link and Zelda going in to the bottom of the same Hyrule Castle from BotW then taking off in to the sky. So I wondered how they would get around the problem of having the same map. Seems like, and I could be wrong in many number of ways, but kind of seems like they just said fuck it 

7 minutes ago, Maf said:

Link Between Worlds?

Ahh Never played that one. I seem to recall that Phantom Hourglass took place immediately after Wind Waker, though. The same sea as WW, they just added islands as they went on.

I did see a debate once on whether the Lost Woods in the intro to Majora's Mask was the same as in OoT (only upscaled). Or if the wood changed via the Great Deku Tree Sprout?

I thought Phantom Hourglass was a different Link than Wind Waker but I Googled it and yeah it says that’s a direct sequel too.

So this is the second time it’s happened. Still I wasn’t sure how they were going to handle the map problem. Unless they get transported to the past/future, it’s a different part of Hyrule, or something like that. Kind of seems like they’re saying fuck it new map, no questions.

I think Spirit Tracks was the different Link to WW. But I didn't play that one either.

It gave me Skyward Sword vibes from all the verticality. Bits of the OG map being in the air, as levels, might be how they change it up for this one?

What a huge let down after all this time.

Yes it was good we actually saw the game again and its name got revealed, but what the fuck was that trailer? That's the kind of trailer they should've put out 18 months ago as a teaser, not 8 months before the games release ffs. 

So yeah, disappointed we still haven't seen anything substantial in terms of gameplay but it obviously still looks great and I'm very much looking forward to it.