passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

PlayStation Plus

Duck

Playstation is actually getting 2 games on the Extra/Premium tiers day 1

https://www.eurogamer.net/tales-of-kenzera-zau-and-dave-the-diver-hit-playstation-plus-this-month

Tales of Kenzera: Zau and Dave the Diver

I find it weird that the first game Kenzera is coming to PS+ day 1 given it a EA game, and EA Play is part of Gamepass. 

For Dave the Diver, as cool as it is it’s day 1 on PS I don’t really want to play 2D pixel art games on a big modern TV. It just doesn’t ‘fit’.

As unlikely as it is that these games would get me to sign up to another subscription service, it’s cool that they’re day 1. Maybe things are changing for PS+?

Probably the best that could happen to Tales of Kenzara. When even a known entity like PoP can't move copies during a time with little competition, it's reasonable to assume this will get absolutely buried on release. Especially considering that it looks extremely similar to the uninformed.

But I suppose all the money from that deal goes to EA, so eh. Hopefully it does somewhat okay on Switch at least. Can't really count on Xbox these days, can we.

I don’t know if it means anything but that’s 2 EA games coming to a subscription service that doesn’t include EA Play before Gamepass is getting the 9-12month after initial release drop. 

It reads like EA are trying to make moves outside of Xbox and Gamepass. Maybe the conversion of subscription to sale is just that bad

2 hours ago, Maf said:

No, it’s like 9-12 months after release as far as I can tell. 

So why's this a big deal then?

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't played a "Fifa" in a very long time, I'm not sure even it being on Plus is enough to get me to tbh. I've been meaning to play the first Ghostrunner so I'll grab the sequel but it can wait until I've played the first