passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Game Pass & Gold (Xbox & PC)

Hendo

Even if it is this will bring in so many new players. When DBFZ hit Gamepass that game was so popular I had a 83% win ratio because of how many new people there were.

Slice off some players because it isn’t as recognisable as DBFZ, slice off some players because new fighting games might be out. 

But this will still bring in so many new players it’s going to be awesome. 

Trying out my Xbox on my new TV the other day I played some quick DBFZ and even then the servers were packed. 

Honestly I'm not sure it has great longevity, it's meta has gotten very stale despite all the updates cause of all the power creep and repetitive interactions of some matchups (which you can even see at tournament level, always the same characters represented). I think it'll be very behind SF and Tekken until it gets its version of 'Rev. 2' which they have to be working on in some capacity

I pick it up now and then but drop it more and more quickly each time. 

Strive just had more entrants at Evo than any other game. That’s why it’s grand finals was last (I think). The game sold over a 1,000,000 copies. They’re going out of their way to make an Xbox version. The PC version is really popping. Crossplay coming soon. 

🤷‍♂️ 

Yeah this game looking terminal, pull the plug 

The problem I think will be for new players jumping in now. It’s a rough game at this point. But it worked for DBFZ and as long as a lot of new players all join at the same time it should be smooth enough onboarding for people.

Had more entrants than games which are over half a decade old? wow

A lot of its current longevity lies in it having really fucking good netcode, I think, especially during a time when in-person meetups were basically dead for 2 years. But when every tournament is the ramlethal, nago and leo show it gets boring to watch. The game is awesome at the mid and lower tiers to the point that instead of watching tournaments I end up downloading replays of said characters with the in game tools. But the way they have handled adjustments in this game is to make everything more powerful until defensive options feel more hopeless against the straightforwardness of some of the more powerful characters' gameplans. If that aspect of the game doesn't shift at least a little bit then I think yes SF and Tekken will dwarf it.

They'll time a revision for the game sometime in the next year I'd bet, with a new boxed release. They have put out surveys to people specifically asking about the things that people have complained about the most so they are listening, they just need to deliver next

SF and Tekken will smash Strive regardless and shrink it’s player base. They’re the biggest names in the FGC.

Which sort of makes a Gamepass version (both on Xbox and PC) a really good opportunity for the game to keep going by lowering the barrier to entry.

Of course even they those new players will play it for a month and then bounce but some will stay. 

Strive is going to get smaller but it isn’t going anywhere. 

If they make a new version then that will just keep it going even more

I love this game (when it doesn’t make me want to die) so I be getting a bit defensive about it, but this game is here for a while and even if the player base shrinks I don’t think longevity is an issue. 

There's a couple of new releases I missed out on trying between July when I cancelled my sub and now that I want to give a spin. I mainly got it for future releases really, there's one this year I want to play Day 1 (Plague Tale 2) maybe a couple others like Pentiment and Scorn I might give a go, but it's really the 2023 releases I've got this for. 

Here we go, October heralds the start of silly season...

tw_coming-soon_10.4.2022-5f5df4b89e5d39bf7e33_7ac46836-a49f-4050-8712-412ed80388de.jpg

Leaving October 15
Bloodroots (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Echo Generation (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Into The Pit (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Ring of Pain (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Sable (Cloud, Console, and PC)
The Good Life (Cloud, Console, and PC)

I just think it's fairly interesting, it's safe to assume they aren't spending 3 billion a year on getting games in the service and what not so it kind've shows the whole not sustainable argument up.... maybe.

10 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Depends on how you look at it, they're buying up of studios is definitely partly motivated by making GP a more attractive option

Yeah that's fair enough, I was thinking more 3rd party timed deals though.

Cool, only another 23 years to pay off the Acti-Blizz deal. & that’s just that 1. Great use of money…

Obviously there’s hundreds of details and variables I’m missing out of that to be a twat. But still. It’s a properly shit deal.