passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Forum Feedback II

Jimboxy

• 2 weeks later...

I've put this on Twitter and the discord, Jim might have more to say about it but...

hopefully we've changed back everything that was changed. If you do notice anything let me know, there's at least one area I still need to work out where to get to ?

I've added Google Authentication as an option. If you click on the arrow next to your username, account settings, security, log in again, it's in there. There's other options we could have picked, but they're less secure, and we aren't forcing you to use this, but I would just for peace of mind

One thing to add, and I can only apologise for this, I can't do anything about it. They downloaded the member list, so, while your passwords and real names aren't shown, your emails are. So apologies for that, I want to up front about it, but there's nothing we can do about it really

passwords I'm very sure about. We can change people's passwords but we can't see them. The member list they downloaded I've downloaded myself to see what's in there, and it's pretty much what you've put publicly (location, xbox, psn account etc), plus your email and ip. So, still shit, but not horrendously shit

In terms who it was, who knows. I don't think it's anyone with a grudge or anything, and I don't think it was someone who used to post here. they used 1 account to access a couple of others (inc the Admin) to then make changes. I'm not sure the purpose of one of them tbh other than potentially to post using their account.

I will say, no one who posts regularly had their account accessed, that I could see at least

Yeah just thought I'd ask to get context cause not on the discord lol. 

That's fair and I'm sure it's a shit thing to be dealing with on a weekend. I'm personally not too worried on my email but I guess at some point I'll have to cycle it out, but it was getting to that point anyway. 

@Nag  glad you can post again. I'm not sure why you've been targeted, maybe other people have too and I've just not seen it yet, but they flagged you as a spammer ?  which, while hilarious, means all your posts have been automatically hidden. I've unhidden a couple, but it's going to be an absolute cunt to sort. I'll be honest with you, you aren't getting them all back but I will go back a few pages in your account to unhide the recent stuff. Then as and when I see stuff hidden

I was sat outside a pub getting drunk before this happened ?

edit: Jim says he might be able to get them all back. I'll still sort the recent ones as he wont get chance to look at it until next week

@Nag
I'm 99% sure I can get your stuff back, it hasn't been deleted, just hidden so it'll be an flag in the database but I'm away this weekend so can't get to a computer to fix it.

Also big thanks to @DANGERMAN
For sorting out what he has so far, sorry it's taken all your Saturday afternoon up.

I'd also like to apologise to everyone that this has happened, it's not good and I feel pretty shitty about it even if there is nothing we could have really done. If you do happen to use your password here for anything else I would change them to be safe. We have no way of seeing passwords so neither would the hack, but best just in case.

it looks like the people not receiving emails are all on Outlook/Hotmail. So when people are back it's probably worth moving your log in to another email account, just in case something like this happens again

I'm also toying with turning off new members for a while, just in case. But as there might be some people who need to create new to get in, it might be best to leave it a few days