passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Watch Dogs Legion

Hendo

I think most games will be 4k, just not with ray tracing or 60+fps. Some games will still manage that, but 4k 60 takes a huge amount of resources to hit for a game that looks like Watch Dogs or Assassin's Creed. Turn the RT on and you're going to have to half something somewhere 

On 31/10/2020 at 02:55, mmmark said:

I don’t think we’ll see many true 4k games until true next gen only games are developed. 

I think it will be the contrary. We're only getting a couple of 4K games now because they're built with last-gen foundations. As soon as developers move to true next-gen games I'd expect them to settle for 1440p, with a couple of super optimised exceptions.

W_D has some pretty good RT I think. 

Unfortunately the code I got for it doesn't work, pretty annoyed. Wanted to look at some London puddles.

Having light react dynamically is a pretty big deal, will also mean that devs don't have to deal with as much hassle in setting up scenes every time they need to change something.

That's one of the big things to think about with RT, the amount of work involved in faking lighting to look as good as TLOUII is immense. Also it's completely static and can't react to anything.

The source code for this has leaked

https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/source-code-watch-dogs-legion-leaked-560gb/

560 GB of assets and code

On the one hand, pretty cool if you want to get insight into how a AAA game is put together. But I guess the game will be easy to pirate now.

I wonder if a compiled version of the leak would run better than what they are selling, cause it could tell us then if DRM is what kills performance with ubisoft games