Sign in to follow this  
Blakey

The Division 2

Enemies definitely flank and go wide. They'll loop round and suddenly appear to have popped up behind you. I've watched them and thought "you fuckers, you didn't do that in the first Division".

Anyway it's bought and I'll be playing it.

Yeah, because they have to. They're not doing it because they're smart, they're doing it because the level design is making it so they do that.

This is what I was saying about smoke and mirrors. You put the cover in a big circle or  put a big object in the way that blocks line of sight and they're going to have to do that. If there's cover in the centre  and it's the closest then they use that because that's the way they're designed. They're going to take the shortest route to their intended target.

And they did that in the first Division, it's just you having a selective mind. The cover is in a circle. They want to get close to you by going cover to cover. If the only cover is on the sides then it looks like they're flanking, but this is not an intelligent choice by the AI, it's the only choice. A good example of that is the shopping centre that's on fire. You have that big open ground where the boss stomps around and all the adds filter into the sides and push forwards that way because they're programmed to make use of cover. The end of Times Square is the same. The end of Russian consulate is the same.

Do you guys even pay attention to the level and enemy design in games?

I'm not too sure it matters whether it's an intelligent AI decision or not, they sound like their doing as intended and flanking you regardless... all in game enemies are just doing what they're being told to do anyway.🤔

58 minutes ago, Sly Reflex said:

Yeah, because they have to. They're not doing it because they're smart, they're doing it because the level design is making it so they do that.

This is what I was saying about smoke and mirrors. You put the cover in a big circle or  put a big object in the way that blocks line of sight and they're going to have to do that. If there's cover in the centre  and it's the closest then they use that because that's the way they're designed. They're going to take the shortest route to their intended target.

And they did that in the first Division, it's just you having a selective mind. The cover is in a circle. They want to get close to you by going cover to cover. If the only cover is on the sides then it looks like they're flanking, but this is not an intelligent choice by the AI, it's the only choice. A good example of that is the shopping centre that's on fire. You have that big open ground where the boss stomps around and all the adds filter into the sides and push forwards that way because they're programmed to make use of cover. The end of Times Square is the same. The end of Russian consulate is the same.

Using the best cover and best route to get somewhere is what humans would do. Ok the game designers have cleverly placed the cover, so what? That's game design. Still doesn't mean we won't get agressively flanked. And my feeling is that this time round they're better at it.

1 hour ago, Sly Reflex said:

Do you know what AI is? :unsure:

Them artificials be intelligently reacting to you. 

Trouble is them AIs have never encountered an intelligence like Reflex before, and like most of us are never quite sure how to react.

If you aren't careful we'll flank you and make you buy it!

PSA: The Division 2 has a 88-92GB download on PS4

PS4: 
- If you purchased a physical copy of the game, begin installing from the disc. Provided you are online, your console will simultaneously download Title Update 1 while you install it. Expect a 88-92 GB download, depending on your region and preferred language. Whether installed from a disc or downloaded digitally, the final HDD install size will be between 88-92 GB.

Additionally, starting March 11, you will be prompted to download and install Title Update 1.5;expect about 2 GB in download, depending on your platform, region and preferred language. Title Update 1.5 mainly addresses occurrences of audio missing or cutting out experienced by some during Open Beta.

Jesus tapdancing Christ. That’s ridiculous. Not everyone has external hard-drives,or decent download speeds.

Thought about renting this. That can fuck right off now.

I'm genuinely in two minds about getting this. It just didn't excite me at all. I sort of want to play it but I can't muster the enthusiasm to.

25 minutes ago, Sly Reflex said:

I'm genuinely in two minds about getting this. It just didn't excite me at all. I sort of want to play it but I can't muster the enthusiasm to.

Let me know before Tuesday/Wednesday because I'm pretty much only getting it to play with y'all.