passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Last of Us Part II

DisturbedSwan

Watched the Skill Up review, I don’t always agree with his opinions, but he usually does a good review.

He does admit that he didn’t really love the original game, so i can understand why he didn’t this one. And it’s bound to be frustrating that he’s not allowed to discuss a lot of the content that forms his opinion.

3 hours ago, Nag said:

It's getting to the point where I actually want to go digital now but the platform holders being complete greedy fuckers is stopping me.

Lower your prices, you'd probably sell more to offset the drop.?

£46.70 if you buy two PSN Wallet codes (£45 + £10) on ShopTo ?

11 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Jeff Bakalar says this game is like 30 hours, or similarish wealth of content to GoW 2018. Ooof. Going to have to pace this out.

Yeah heard much the same. Is the biggest ND game ever apparently.

On the topic of reviews and why The Last of Us 2 is scoring so well

10 isn’t a masterpiece, 5 isn’t average

Game critics are pretentious and care more about what their peers think than you or the publisher think

Game reviews are definitely not paid off

Metacritic assigns it’s own scores to unscored reviews 

Lot of stuff I feel like we already know but gets more insightful about half way through. 

I used to have a different opinion on this but I've come around to the idea that the best reviewers are probably just randomers on youtube 6 weeks after release.

I do like reading unscored reviews tho, I feel putting a number on somebody's thoughts just colours your own reading of it too much. Kotaku, polygon and waypoint I still like to read

Reviews are service journalism and I think because of that a number just speeds up the process of that service being provided. An actual review of a product doesn’t need to be that long just a number and a quick description of the product and why it got that number.

Actual criticism I think is different and more constructive to have a real conversation around games and are usually found in the more longer form video reviews and articles that come out a few weeks after a game is released.

But game reviews and Metacritic are just good recommendations for a buyers guide, I think. A game is coming out that I’m excited about, it got a 9, I feel more confident in spending the money. 

Also putting numbers on things is just fun even if ultimately not really valuable. 

My copy will be here right on time next Friday, which means I'll have my entire 4-day-weekend to look forward to a game I could be playing instead. Hooray!

In my defense I pre-ordered this a year ago from amazon.uk in the hope you might reconsider this whole Brexit thing. And obviously also not expecting some virus stuff to happen.

Oh well, in the spoiler bunker I go.