passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Last of Us Part II

DisturbedSwan

• 2 weeks later...

They're starting to overdo it with the trailer marketing, just like FFVII Remake did.

I might be a bit extreme in that I always just watch the very first trailer if a game piques my interest and then let myself get surprised by the rest, but nonetheless, if this works even remotely in the same way as the first one I'd argue it's better to know as little as possible going in.

Looks almost exactly like the first one except the areas are bigger and dogs are going to be really annoying. Doesn’t look bad, but also still failed to convince me why they doing a second one. The first game at the end of the day all hinged on the characters. For me I think this game will all hinge on it’s story and why we need more of these characters. 

I'll probably still get it but I don't know if I'm in the mood for this. I didn't exactly love playing the original. I rate it as a game and I think it's important to the medium. This looks like hard work, maybe it's one for when I've got some time off 

I'm in a different camp. I think the performances from the VO cast are incredible, and it's a nice looking game with great atmosphere and exploration.

But the shooting mechanics are janky as hell (pretty sure this is a ND trademark by now), enemy AI is hot trash, and the stealth mechanics are a worse version of mechanics ripped from better games.

It's not a bad game, but it's a 7/10 at best. If it was by any other studio it would have been panned, but because ND are a first party studio it's infallible.

Part 2 looks absolutely lovely, but my issues with the first game are stopping me being excited for it.

I genuinely hope it's 10/10 and everyone looking forward to it though.

I’ve always enjoyed Naughty Dog’s output (except for Uncharted 3, as that was way too annoying at times). 
Ive no doubt this will have its faults. But when it comes to a good story, they usually deliver. So I’m certainly looking forward to this.

Perhaps best talked about in the Sony thread but I’m not best thrilled with it being huge either, just a rumour hopefully. As long as it’s the same size as a Pro or maybe a little bigger I’ll be happy enough.

More TLOUP2 previews:

Trusted Reviews

Metro

Pocket Lint

Evening Standard

The Verge

Eurogamer

Game Reactor

Press Start

PowerUp Gaming

Push Square

Will try not to keep it too off topic, but Maneater crashed on me at least 5 times throughout the 20 hour playthrough, so I definitely think it was the game rather than the console. One crash lost me about 4 hours progress. 

2 hours ago, Nag said:

Where does that article mention anything about the PS5 form factor?

Yeah it's coming from a different thing I read, just saying that it will be nice to have some proper cooling next gen rather than having to turn the volume up like with PS4 Pro and exclusives.

(Apparently almost twice as fat as a PS4 Pro. PS5 will be thicc)