passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

DOOM: Eternal

DisturbedSwan

The first one didn't score much higher. From the reviews I read anyway it sounds a bit bloated and has too much lore and that's probably reflected in some of the scores

Which are all still pretty high tbh. Also apparently the platforming can be annoying but that was obvious. Anyway rip and tear, I'll be checking it out when it decrypts. I'm going to get fired soon anyway so who cares about playing games late on a work night 

It’s an excellent score and I’m looking forward to the game, I’m not trying to down play it. But for whatever reason I thought it would break 90.

Ultimately there is no difference between a 88 and a 90 it was just my expectation and surprised it didn't reach that milestone (Even though it basically did)

11 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

What is this Bethesda account stuff about? Do we really have to link an online account to play this game? I am definitely not going to do that ?

Maybe. Takes 30 seconds, just do it ya wetty :P

Doom Eternal opening weekend sales smash previous franchise record

Doom Eternal has broken the franchise record for opening weekend sales.

According to Bethesda, Doom Eternal sales figures over the opening weekend doubled the launch revenue of Doom 2016. Sales figures weren’t provided.

The game was also the best-selling title on Steam for the week and saw over 100,000 concurrent players on the platform. That is over twice as high as Doom 2016’s peak, at 44,271.

It has also gone down rather well with critics.

Doom Eternal released on Friday, March 20 for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. A Switch version is in the works and will be released later this year.

If you’re just jumping in and need guidance, be sure to check out our  Exultia, and Hell on Earth collectible guide.

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

It went by quickly but Xbox dropped some good news for Doom fans in it’s getting a next gen patch 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-06-13-doom-eternals-free-next-gen-update-comes-out-late-june

Stats are here

Xbox Series X:

Performance Mode: 1800p - 120FPS

Balanced Mode: 2160p - 60FPS

Ray Tracing Mode: 1800p - 60FPS

Xbox Series S:

Performance Mode: 1080p - 120FPS

Balanced Mode: 1440p - 60FPS

Ray Tracing Mode: not available

PlayStation 5:

Performance Mode: 1584p - 120FPS

Balanced Mode: 2160p - 60FPS

Ray Tracing Mode: 1800p - 60FPS

PC:

Ray Tracing Mode: Availability and performance depends on a user's PC hardware.

This next gen patch will be my final attempt to like Doom Eternal. I’ve tried to play it 3 times and only got a level and a half in because I just can’t get on with it. I don’t even have real complaints about it, I get that’s it’s well made, there’s just something about it that grates with me. See if ray tracing and more effort on my part can get me over my problems with this game. 

1548p looks better than 1440p ?

I agree though they should just straight up offer better granularity over resolution controls now that they have 'graphics settings' on them. If you're on a 1440 screen then you don't be giving a fuck about wanky resolutions in between. But on 4k TV you really do want more pixels cause that shit can be grimy

• 1 year later...