passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Halo Infinite

DisturbedSwan

• 2 weeks later...

Drop the old version. It was madness to begin with ?

I get Xbox’s want to try include everyone and make everyone a customer. It makes sense. But it doesn’t work if the product is compromised for too many people and no one is happy with it. They’re clearly shy about the next generation leap, but it’s a leap. You can’t make it by half-stepping. 

It could never work for AAA games and I really don't know why they had to see the public reaction to realise this. Why not decide this two years ago? If they start re-doing Infinite for Series X now that game will come out in 2022 or later.

I mean there was literally never a reason for the cross-gen stuff to begin with since everything is backwards compatible. Nobody expects the new games to be playable on your old system but people like playing some of their old stuff during the initial droughts of a new system.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/08/2020 at 11:14, Maryokutai said:

When this game has been out for a while and the dust has settled I'd love to read a full disclosure article about its entire development process. Right now this all looks very much like the western version of the FFXV opera.

Have you ever read Blood, Sweat and Pixels from Jason Schreier? That goes into the development of around 10-15 games from last/this gen and all the dramas with their development. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01NAKSWW1/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

• 1 month later...

I have no idea what went wrong with 343. Microsoft basically pulled together a random bunch of people to form the studio which then proceeded to make Halo 4, on time and on budget, and it was excellent. After that they released Halo 5 which might have completely ruined the story of their new saga, but was still an extremely enjoyable game that pushed the console like few other titles (60fps campaign and still rather pretty).

Soo... what happened after that? And is it all their fault or was Microsoft just a very shitty boss with their cross-gen ideology that seems to have had seriously negative impacts on this game's development?

It's really sad to see. Halo 4 was such a phenomenal start for this fresh developer but it seems that everything's doing downhill now.

Yeah, cross-gen and GaaS are two things that are bad for developers if they don't have the experience working on it and when you combine it it doesn't even make sense anymore. I mean why build a game that's supposed to be supported over multiple years and release it on an old system?

Which brings me back to the question: whose fault is it? My guess is Microsoft. No sane developer would approach a new project and go "hey, let's make a service game that works on this system from 2013 and this new system from 2020".

Depends on when they want to release it. I think the first quarter or so is the last possible moment where cross-gen even remotely makes sense. Nobody cares about Xbox One anymore after that. It wasn't the popular system this gen, it will disappear from people's minds a lot quicker than PS4.

Honestly it's a shame they showed us the game already, part of me wishes they'd just do a Metroid Prime 4 with this thing and completely restart development for Series XS exclusively.