passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Microsoft E3 2018

Hendo

I have a few friends working at CD Projekt Red. I was drinking with one about 8 weeks ago in Wroclaw and asked her if we would see Cyberpunk at E3. She said no...lying bitch! ?

Little exclusives but a great show.

Very poor 1st party from Microsoft as always, Forza Horizon looked insane and Gears Tactics looked cool, Gears 5 I'll play but I wasn't particularly jazzed.

3rd parties carried it as expected. CYBER FUCKING PUNK YO AM I RIGHT?!?!

DYING LIGHT 2 AS WELL!!! HYPE!!!!

And of course Sekido! 

Probably the best Microsoft conference in 10 years, I'd give it an 8/10.

I really can't understand why Phil Spencer needs to come out every 20 minutes and tell us how great gaming is and the Xbox is, let the games speak for themselves, very annoying. 

The studio acquisitions aren't particularly fantastic, we've no idea how The Initiative will turn out but Ninja Theory and PlayGround are great buys, Undead Labs is a bit of an odd one.

42 minutes ago, DifferentClass said:

The new DMC uses NuDante.

That's Nero, isn't it?

22 minutes ago, DifferentClass said:

Gears Pop can get in the sea.  Fuck Funko Pop

Absolute shite, what were they thinking?

2 minutes ago, Blakey said:

DYING LIGHT 2 AS WELL!!! HYPE!!!!

Good times, although I hope there's not a lot of human combat and they sort the shooting out.

I thought that was a good conference

Like @DifferentClass I thought they'd just stuck a 5 on DmC2 and thought that was brutal. I fucking hated Nero and his gammy arm so I probably would have preferred that. The southern girl was awful but the game itself looks great, looking forward to that.

I hope they have turned We Happy Few in to something because whenever they show any story from it it's fantastic, the game as it was looked awful though.

Talking of looking awful, that From Software game, initially I was in to the look, but it was so grainy, particularly in motion. Probably not helped that I was watching on youtube, but it's not my sort of thing anyway I don't think. Same with Forza and its incredibly fake demo ? It looked nice and it is good they're doing something new with it, but that new thing appears to be Need for Speed. 

I didn't think that Tomb Raider trailer was very good, I'm sure the game will be, the trailer was just too earnest. Also the hair tech looked awful, which I wouldn't usually mention because it's hair tech and who cares, but it looked like they'd put it in to show it off when they'd have been better with just normal video game hair. Hopefully the PC version does it better, although it's the first thing that gets turned off for framerate

I thought Dying Light showed well, but not my sort of thing. The Division, what an awful trailer, Ubisoft don't seem to have learned, the game should be good for those that like it though.

Crackdown is looking a lot better. Shame they didn't get out ahead of the leaked delay really, because, without seeing much gameplay, it at least didn't look like it was fucked

I should get around to Gears 4 when it goes cheap, but I really don't want to use their store, hopefully they it on another store front at some point.

The main thing, I'm really disappointed about Ninja Theory. I really liked Hellblade and I was hoping they'd continue that, which they might still I guess, but having it tied to Microsoft is disappointing. I'd have liked to see what else they could have done.

1 minute ago, Blakey said:

They've been doing the NFS-like stuff with Horizon the last 3 games @DANGERMAN;) 

ah right, the way they were talking about the shared world I thought that was new. I've no issue with it other than I think there's an awful lot of Forza games, I can't think of any franchise I play yearly, even if you argue Forza and Forza Horizon are 2 franchises, that's still every other year for years, I'd get tired of that I think :(

2 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

ah right, the way they were talking about the shared world I thought that was new. I've no issue with it other than I think there's an awful lot of Forza games, I can't think of any franchise I play yearly, even if you argue Forza and Forza Horizon are 2 franchises, that's still every other year for years, I'd get tired of that I think :(

Yeah that's fair enough, I used to buy both for years but I've just been turned off the uber serious racing stuff over the years so tend to just skip Motorsport and buy Horizon.

1 minute ago, regemond said:

What the hell is wrong with KH? Besides the fucking cringe worthy dialogue they showed in that trailer, obviously.

well, it had Goofy in it, Mickey, a bunch of other Disney stuff, then the worst of Square. It's the game I imagine the people in We Happy Few play 

3 minutes ago, regemond said:

What the hell is wrong with KH? Besides the fucking cringe worthy dialogue they showed in that trailer, obviously.

They turned off the sound effects so you could hear the dialogue. 

From the very little I've played of KH1 it seems the cringey dialogue is a staple though...