passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Microsoft E3 2018

Hendo

Nah. if they make them, they will come. It's not out of the question to have a solid line up of good exclusive games. There's some I myself want to play in Xbox but I need good consistent quality like Sony have these past couple of years. Stop throwing money buying up timed exclusives and invest and trust in your 2nd party studios. 

Will I see this? No, probably not. But I'm always watching and waiting...

I was honestly going to say that Microsoft's second party developers aren't all that, but I've just looked through the list they've got:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Studios

Studios like Harmonix (Dance Central), Creative Assembly (Halo Wars 2), Remedy (Quantum Break and Alan Wake) and Playground Games (Forza Horizon) amongst others. So it's not as though they haven't got the pedigree. There just doesn't seem to be enough investment on new IPs and too much relying on established franchises.

Besides D4, Sea of Thieves, and Ori and the Blind Forest, I can't think of any major franchises MS have launched this gen. I assume @Nag will be able to point me in the direction of a couple though. It would be great to see some new stuff though, show off their creativity.

Although in fairness I also don't think they NEED to. I feel like PS4 and Xbox are both filling their own niches at the minute - PS4 in the exclusives, Xbox in accessibility (both for disabilities and convenient ways to play).

Bring on the EX BAWKS EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERES with only 3 actual Exclusives (with all 3 being Halo-Gears-Forza).

I’m most excited to see a tiny bit of Cyberpunk 2077 than anything Microsoft could show or announce in all honesty, although Banjo/Perfect Dark announcements would be cool.

Also @regemond Remedy have moved 3rd party for their new game ‘Project 8’ with 505 Games publishing it but I still expect we’ll see that at the Xbox presser.

I'd feckin love a new full on Perfect Dark. That alone might make my wallet jump out. There's a niche for it to fill in that gadget laden Sci-Fi Spy genre I feel. Bring it in ?

Though I feel Rare have been diminished somewhat under MS ?

I genuinely haven’t made my mind up, @Nag.

I’ve got limited funds and at some point I’d like one but very little so far has made me want to take the plunge. Game Pass and back compat has made me come the closest, but I’m not a Halo or Forza guy so there’s little so far that I can’t get on other systems.

I love Gears but that’s not enough.

I had high hopes for the xb1 and tbh it’s been a disappointment, I enjoyed halo and gears but so far just 1 new one each but, the backwards compatibility has been pretty immense if you have the games or downloaded previously.

I think it could be too late for this gen, hopefully they can hit the ground running next gen.