passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Red Dead Redemption

hinn888

Arrived this morning, on it now, but before you start join the social club on the Rockstar website.

It keeps tracks of everything, stats, achievements, gives you flaming bullets etc.

Played this a lil bit on single player and went online with 2 of my friends and Oli, level up system is pretty cool online, you get xp for killing each other, and doing missions, we kept going round to gang hideouts and annihilating everyone.

Also played a few online matches, got 0wned tbh, against lvl 11 ppl. Before every match, you have a quick draw and whatever team wins get an advantage when the match starts. Like a 2 kill advantage.

Signed up on social club, and had a bit of a single player. Mainly been just riding around the plains doing some sharpshooter missions, tried to do a rescue mission but before I could do much the random guy died. Think I need to crack on with the single player and get to a point where I can make the most of fucking around. So far so good though.

Getting alot into this now its alot like GTA but you cant seem to muck around as much.

Just got the assassin costume, you have to complete 5 different tasks.

Currently on multiplayer, trying to unlock some goodens.

I'd heard about this game, "it's not fair to call it 'GTA in the Wild West'" but that's bullshit - it really, really is GTA in the Wild West.

I'm really enjoying it, broke my first horse (I'm calling her Daisy) and now she's my standard. Signed up to the Social Club thing and sent out a bunch of invites, though I don't really get the SC specific challenges.

Just like all open-world games I'm trying to do as many side quests as possible before moving onto the main story quests, but the problem is I'm not entirely sure which are the main story ones as I've had 3 different names to go to on my map and they're all coloured in white so there's no clue which one pushes the story forward.

I'm trying to play as a good guy, but sometimes it's not always possible.

I had to go to this shack to persuade the old bastard who owned it to sell it me. He would but for 200 dollars which I didn't quite have, so I shot him.

I could've come back later after having made some money but I had a gun and he was right in front of me. And he was a twat.

Some questions for those of you that have played it a lot now:

I'm trying to do the survivalist mini-mission where you have to pick specific flowers "in addition to any you may already have", but I also end up stopping and picking up any flowers I happen to see - should I only pick up the ones I'm after in case I run out of them before I'm meant to pick them, or do they regenerate?

How do you know which are the names on your map are the main story missions and which are just side-quests? I'm not talking the obvious side-quests, but I've got McFarlane, Seth and Nigel West Dickens on my map and there's no indication which is the one that will move the story forward.

Is it worth keeping hold of the flowers, meat, antlers, etc I've picked up or should I just sell them at the general stores? Or will someone appear that can combine them into useful stuff or give me more cash for them?

I'm trying to play as a good guy, but sometimes it's not always possible.

I had to go to this shack to persuade the old bastard who owned it to sell it me. He would but for 200 dollars which I didn't quite have, so I shot him.

I could've come back later after having made some money but I had a gun and he was right in front of me. And he was a twat.

I had the same problem.

I tried to walk away to come back when I had more money, but for some reason he interpreted that as an aggressive action and started firing at me, so I had to shoot him.

Some questions for those of you that have played it a lot now:

I'm trying to do the survivalist mini-mission where you have to pick specific flowers "in addition to any you may already have", but I also end up stopping and picking up any flowers I happen to see - should I only pick up the ones I'm after in case I run out of them before I'm meant to pick them, or do they regenerate?

How do you know which are the names on your map are the main story missions and which are just side-quests? I'm not talking the obvious side-quests, but I've got McFarlane, Seth and Nigel West Dickens on my map and there's no indication which is the one that will move the story forward.

Is it worth keeping hold of the flowers, meat, antlers, etc I've picked up or should I just sell them at the general stores? Or will someone appear that can combine them into useful stuff or give me more cash for them?

I think the plants regenerate and the hides you can use later on i think. You dont really need mone at the beginning of the game, no point selling them tbh.

Also all the missions at the beginning moves on the storyline so you're gonna have to do them all anyway.

Unless I'm missing something obvious, it looks like my game is glitched. :(

On the mission, "Liars, Cheats and other proud Americans" you have to do a cart race. The first sign that something was wrong was driving past the other racers before it started there was a horse hovering in mid air. Then I got on the cart and when the race started, the first 4 carts went off but the other 4 (including me) couldn't move.

I've tried restarting by shooting people to cancel the race and also canceling the race properly and going back to a previous save. Nothing.

The only thing left is to reboot the 360 and hope that fixes it, as it's the only mission left on my map, so without doing this I can't get any further.

Thats quite a bugger, as soon as i went on the carts, the race started, everything was fine.

Is this the glitch?

Been playing a bit of multiplayer, its extremely addictive. Trying to get the most wanted achievement where you have to become public enemy for 10 minutes and then escape. Jeez is it hard to escape and sometimes other players start tracking you down to kill you.

Also for anyone who bought the Limited Edition, heres where you can download the soundtrack.

Man, there's some "interesting" people in this place. Anyone done the side quests where you have to gather flowers for an old dude or find some crying guy's "gal"? :mellow:

Although the story feels like it's leading me to the end, I somehow doubt I'm nearly finished, but either way I'm taking some time out to do some of the tasks. Currently I'm after some deer meat and prickly pear.

I'd heard about this game, "it's not fair to call it 'GTA in the Wild West'" but that's bullshit - it really, really is GTA in the Wild West.

But the setting makes it soooo much better. :)

I'm having a superb time with RDR so far. It looks absolutely amazing in places, and the voice acting is stellar. My only gripe is not having the map as a hot-key, but it's not too much of a hassle. I've never finished a GTA (bar Chinatown Wars), but I can definitely see me finishing this. I just love everything about the world from what I've seen, and there's so much exploring to do. I love that holding A lets you keep pace with the NPC you may be following at the time.

I've never finished a GTA (bar Chinatown Wars), but I can definitely see me finishing this.

:lol:

Shouldn't this go here?

What can I say? Most games don't hold my interest, and I have better things to do. It might take a while, but I'll get there. Maybe.

This appeals to me far more than any GTA ever has, though.

Definitely loving this as well. The world just looks amazing, there's a metric shit ton of things to do. I'm especially liking the gunplay. It's very tactical and precise, because people actually take realistic numbers of bullets to die for once.

Story and characters (Especially John) are shaping up very well indeed.

Any one up for getting some multiplayer on the go? I've played a bit of it, seemed pretty interesting.

-I've never finished a GTA (bar Chinatown Wars), but I can definitely see me finishing this.

i'm the same, although i actually haven't completed any at all, never got anywhere near but started quite a few, usually give up when the missions start to get harder, lack of checkpoints/easy restart is the killer for me, think some of the recent ones address that though so hopefully this is the same?

played 2 hours last night and quite enjoyed it, although it starts off pretty slow, and i kept missing the tutorial bits. the hearding mission was fun.

Any one done the side quest picking the flowers for the old dude's wife?

I walked into the shack afterwards and managed to knock her head off. Felt really sorry for the old dude, so I wandered away sharpish. :lol:

I didn't go back in there. I really just got on my horse and rode to the other side of the map, sharpish.

At the moment I've got a side quest going for some movie guy and I wasn't paying attention to what he told me to do, but the marker seems to suggest I have to play a game of dice in the pub saloon. I completely fucked it up and the game told me to buy a certain suit if I wanted to cheat, which I did but didn't get a chance to use it on dice, but I did start playing blackjack. I can't see how the cheating is meant to work on that, but Jesus, I could play Blackjack all day.

I still don't fully understand what I'm meant to do on the dice game, or even if it's the right thing for the quest.