passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo Switch

HandsomeDead

2 hours ago, Pikman said:

I went back to my PS4 for Everybody's Golf over the weekend. 90 minutes of updates and installs later I was playing... (Good game incidentally).

The PS4 feels so old school compared to the Switch, I guess I might sell it after I play HZD. I really feel restricted that I can't just pick it up to be instantly mobile. Funny as before I got it, that appeared to be the least useful feature.

For me, they both feel so distinct that I like the experience with both. I rarely take my Switch out the house but use it to play when some footy is on TV or a shitty TV show/film is on that I'm only half watching, I love being able to do that. It does feel a little odd using my Switch docked as I'm so used to using it in Tabletop mode :lol:

Not having a PS4, I feel, is not really an option this generation unless you want to miss out on a myriad of incredible exclusives not found elsewhere or just aren't interested in the Japanese-based games the PS4 offers in abundance.

As much as I hate PC MASTER RACE its time like these when it does shine in terms of all those little additional things that are becoming important in gaming nowadays. The switch for me is just my way of playing the top Nintendo single player games. I wouldnt even really consider it for anything else. As such it makes it a very expensive prospect but its just one of those things for me thats unavoidable, the Breath of the Wild and Mario Odysseys of this world are key pillars of my gaming experience, if they stopped coming out, or I didnt play them any more then it would probably be the end of gaming for me. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think my switch is broke :( it won’t wake up, needs a hard reset every time to get it to come on, I’m hoping it’s a software issue,

Its odd as the home menu with brightness etc comes on but not the main screen, going to see how it goes over the weekend if not then a call to Nintendo Monday.

Maybe I should look around to see if it's a problem with anyone else but just over a month ago I was staying with family and took my Switch.  I charged it up a few times with my power bank but when I tried to do it last night I couldn't get it to recognise it.  Shame that while the added things like compatibility to wireless headsets recently they'd take something away.

Report: Capcom Developing New Ace Attorney for Switch, Plus Compilations

As part of a recent investor briefing, Capcom confirmed that it has plans to prepare more games for the Nintendo Switch in 2018, after admitting the company was caught off-guard by the system's highly successful launch. One of the franchises mentioned with regards to these future Switch plans is Ace Attorney.

Speaking to two independent sources, Kotaku UK has learned that Capcom currently has plans for three Ace Attorney games for Switch. The company is planning to release two compilations in the first half of  the 2018- 2019 financial year (between April 2018 and October 2018), one a compilation of the first three Ace Attorney games, the other compiling Ace Attorney games four through six in the series.

This specific configuration makes a lot of sense, because Capcom has previously re-released the games on iOS — which already has 1-3 and 4-6, in separate apps, updated for HD on a single screen touch screen device — and 3DS, the first three being bundled as Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy. Which may have made these bundles something of a no-brainer for the publisher.

However, our sources indicate that this is leading up to something.

Capcom has apparently also begun work on a new mainline Ace Attorney game, aiming for a late 2018 simultaneous global release on Switch and mobile. The new game is planned to contain five cases at launch, and features Phoenix Wright returning as the playable protagonist of the story.

Exciting times! I'll let you know when we hear any more details, until then: court is adjourned.