passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo Switch

HandsomeDead

No problems at all with mine either, tons of Bluetooth devices in the Conservatory so thought it might be a problem but no problems at all so far.

I think the joycon analogue sticks would have to have nails in them before I'd consider spending £60 odd on a Pro controller. 

Yeah 60 quid for a controller is way beyond my spending point too, it could suck my cock whilst playing and I still wouldnt spend 60 quid on it. The next thing im going to get is another set of joy cons and then wait for a decent multiplayer game to come out, crazy that you are looking at about 100 quid for that....totally crazy

My switch locked out yesterday, completely froze. Tried putting it in the dock, didn't work, home button 10 seconds nope, on/off button 10 seconds nope. Panic set in and a google, 15 second power button did the trick. 

For it to brick all I did was undock it, go into the shop and it froze, white screen of death.

Square Enix has announced Seiken Densetsu Collection, a collection of the first three Seiken Densetsu titles for Switch. It will launch physically and digitally in Japan on June 1 for 4,800 yen.

The collection includes:

• Seiken Densetsu: Final Fantasy Gaiden (Final Fantasy Adventure / Mystic Quest) – Originally launched for Game Boy on June 28, 1991
  • Seiken Densetsu 2 (Secret of Mana) – Originally launched for Super Famicom on August 6, 1993
  • Seiken Densetsu 3 – Originally launched for Super Famicom on September 30, 1995

Both Seiken Densetsu 2 and Seiken Densetsu 3 support multiplayer with up to three players.

http://gematsu.com/2017/03/seiken-densetsu-collection-announced-switch

I have a couple of problems though, and neither of them are the lack of games.

One is an issue of availability - even just the WiiU or Switch version of Zelda is hard to get hold of, before you even try and get a console without forking out ludicrous amounts in eBay.

The second is a more pressing one and that's to do with the dodgy joycon. As far as I can tell, it's a physical rather than software screw up, so they'll likely fix it soon enough in a new model of some kind. 

I just wonder if i should wait a bit?

I haven't, either. 

@Hendo The Nintendo Store are taking orders saying dispatched as soon as they become available. I know someone ordered one a few days ago and it was dispatched the day after, so could be worth a try? Amazon have Zelda in stock for £48.

Bloodstained is coming to Switch. Wii U version has been cancelled. 

Yeah was reading about that earlier, WB Games apparently did it to avoid paying a higher amount for a Cartridge with a larger storage capacity :o

Rock and a hard place really, release the game at £10 more expensive than anywhere else because of the Cart cost or release at the same price with the shitty 13gb download.

Nintendo needs to step in fast and mitigate this whole Cart pricing stuff because I feel this issue isn't exactly going to go down well with 3rd party's looking to put their games on the Switch.

It wouldn't be so bad if the switch had a decent amount of storage. I know you can take big sd cards now, but I'd have thought a decent proportion of the people buying a lego game would be doing it for kids, so maybe aren't the type to have large capacity micro sd cards laying around 

On 28/03/2017 at 0:05 AM, retroed said:

LEGO City Undercover on Switch has a 13GB download, even if you buy it at retail and have the game card.

I just cancelled my pre-order, because fuck that shit.

Follow up. The box was misprinted, and no download is required to play the game after all. 

"The information is listed incorrectly on the packaging of LEGO City Undercover for Nintendo Switch. Players who purchase a physical copy of LEGO City Undercover on Nintendo Switch at retail are getting the complete game, and do not need to download additional content to enjoy the full experience. An internet connection is not required to play the game. The only internet connection suggested is to download the typical content update patch."

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/03/28/wb-comments-on-lego-city-undercover-switch-download