passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo Switch

HandsomeDead

Some of the nagative things people have been finding with this are fucking stupid.

'You might lose the controllers if you arent careful' - IGN
'The controllers allow you to incorrectly attach them if you force them' (even though there is a plus/minus symbol to match up) - The Know

I honestly dont know how these people have jobs/havnt died from drinking bleach.

I like that its usb-C charging, that it takes any SD card at all, and that theyve added those wriststrap things for the left and right controller(can we call them nunchucks please).

I think it looks cool from the impressions ive seen so far, but im not really used to all these impressions and unboxings, it seems like there are a fucking ton about, is this something that normally happens with consoles?

The reason there is so many unboxings now is everyone has to make 'content' now, and quickly.  So you get all this dull and poorly thought out analysis.

I did watch one that Digital Foundry did thinking it would be more informed than others but it was mostly dumb as well.

Actually, to be fair, I did learn that a USB-C power bank do work with it, so I bought one.  Dunno if other unboxings had that info.

@retroed And as part of a joy-con (nunchuck) bundle it looks like.

@DifferentClass thats a really good shout, actually one of the best things that i got from a lot of the unboxings and impressions is that this is the best handheld that has ever been released, and whilst you might think, 'what, with a four hour battery?' you can just take 3 or 4 external battery chargers with you and you can play all day long if you want. It means you can play through an entire 13 hour flight or bus journey or whatever. Theres a lot to it that Ninty arent really playing up because they havnt necessarily intended that way.

Gorgeous trailer. Reminds me of Kimi no na wa (Your Name).

The actual game looks like this:

Voez

Voez_Fami-shot_02-22-17_002-600x338.jpg

Voez_Fami-shot_02-22-17_003-600x338.jpg

Voez_Fami-shot_02-22-17_004-600x338.jpg

Flyhigh Works and Rayark have released the teaser trailer and first screenshots from the recently announced Switch version of rhythm game Voez, which is due out via the Nintendo eShop on March 3 in Japan for 2,500 yen.

The game, originally launched for smartphones, has been downloaded over 10 million times. It features over 100 songs from Taiwanese and Japanese creators, as well as a Switch-exclusive song called “Ascension” by Xi, and free planned updates to add more songs.

A FAQ reveals that the game can only be played in portable mode, and not in TV mode, due the game’s requirement of a touchscreen. The Japanese release supports Japanese, English, Traditional Chinese, and Korean languages.

http://gematsu.com/2017/02/voez-switch-teaser-trailer-screenshots

During the game’s music parts, the screen is spread out into several lanes, with diamond-shaped note icons falling from the top of the screen. Build up your score by tapping, holding, and swiping on the notes as they overlap the bar at the bottom of the screen. The lanes fluctuate and move left and right depending on the song, so you can enjoy the game visually as well.

http://gematsu.com/2017/02/first-look-voez-switch

Paid off my Neon Switch pre-order at GAME before work. They had one Pro controller available, so I added that to my order. I'll be going to the midnight launch as I finish work at 10pm and have Friday off.

Zelda, 1 2 switch, HORI case, and HORI premium screen protector coming from Amazon.

I could see the Switch replacing steam as my go to console/platform for indies. As my students in Japan would say "I have two reasons. These are my reasons."

First. The lack of curation on Steam means the store has generally gone to the dogs.

Second, I am far more likely to sit down and play a game (more than once) if I buy it for the Switch than if I buy it for Steam and it goes into my library of 300+ games...

Third, the Switch is portable!

Actually I had three reasons.

I watched that Indies video earlier and was surprised how many there were and how many of them I liked the look of.

With that being said, it all comes down to price really for me, if they're cheaper on Steam or CDKeys then I'll get it on there, I've hardly taken any portable console out into the wild at all so the whole portable aspect doesn't even come into the equation for me, I will use it in Portable mode though to play in bed or on the couch like I do/did with my N3DS :D

Didn't pre-order a Switch as I thought this being Japan I could just buy one anywhere. Turns out I should have pre-ordered...

Watched two people in front of me collect their Switch while I cried in the queue.

I am still waiting for Zelda to arrive in the post, too. My local Argos have it and the limited edition in stock. They have systems available as well. 

Here's my friend code: 3652-6581-3809