passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo Switch

HandsomeDead

The press conference seemed so unprepared and bloated. Like they chucked it all together last minute. I'm not sure why they didn't just make a Direct. 

The 'home console' side of it doesn't really do anything for me. But the portable side still has me really hyped. 

Playing a new Zelda, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2 plus Nintendo's other franchises anywhere I want is a really big pull for me. Imagining Monster Hunter on it has got me excited too. 

I won't be getting one at launch but still really want one, especially for Zelda. Maybe around summertime. 

16 hours ago, retroed said:

Taiko Drum Master had been announced for Nintendo Switch. North America only at the moment, but surely Japan and hopefully here too. If not, region free innit. 

This game is really fun. It's in all the arcades here in Japan. But that's probably because you play with actual drumsticks. Not sure if it would be as much fun with a bog standard controller...

I went to Huis Ten Bosch in Nagasaki (an amazing place) and they projected Taiko Drum Master on to the side of a big building across the river. I got the highest score in my group haha...

5 hours ago, radiofloyd said:

This game is really fun. It's in all the arcades here in Japan. But that's probably because you play with actual drumsticks. Not sure if it would be as much fun with a bog standard controller...

I played Taiko on DS, it came packed with two amazing stylus. Loved it. 

The Switch isn't a bog standard controller, though. I can imagine playing it with a Joy-Con in each hand, like actual drumsticks. Whether that's how it'll play, I don't know. 

What if you've got one of the modern smart phones where the battery lasts a day maximum, and chatting on the app for three hours isn't really a particularly attractive option because fuck that somebody might call me on my phone, or I might want to use my phone for the things I use my phone for whilst im in a party. 

Im all for Nintendo trying something new but it can't be worse than the method im already doing if they want me to pay for it, and so far from what has been revealed, its worse, and actually not even necessarily ready in Europe. 

Looking at those, it makes the wii u pad look very cheap and childish which is a shame.

Sometimes just sometimes does anyone wish that sony/ms/Nintendo where a little bit more like apple, no I don't mean a new console every year but announce it and yep you can buy it a week later, and I wish they would be a bit more prepared at launch with killer games that appeal to all, a big line up, yes I know MS and Sony get this wrong as well but Mario now would of been better than holiday 2017 and potentially would of sold more consoles. I would put money on a Switch sports title, unless its announced and ive missed it?

The only worry I have for this is I hope they don't get it wrong like the 3ds launch, its a great console but needs games now, I know the partners are still to show there hands but we need more info on whats in development or on its way.

I just went into my local GAME, and they're out of launch day neon red/blue systems in store and online. If pre-ordered today you'd be phase two and get one a fortnight after, apparently. 

They're low on the grey one as well and expect to be sold out of those very shortly. 

250 K on a waiting list too, just with one retailer. Might keep that pre-order after all. As much as im strapped for cash at the moment, I still couldnt bring myself to sell it on for a profit as I absolutely detest that sort of thing, but I bet you could make a fair few quid if you were to do it. I think you will see these on e-bay with a fair old mark up.

Yeah grey @retroed, I put the pre-order down in September or something stupid, not long after GAME did that crazy double trade-in price weekend deal. So at the time of placing the order there werent different options available, I would have gone for the coloured one probably, but I will pick up a second pair in colours when they release them.