passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jimboxy

2 minutes ago, Nag said:

It'll be a fucking travesty, that's what it'll be.

? If it is a good enough film, surely it would deserve it? Pretty sure PokéMon, while not my cup of tea, has a large enough global fanbase to easily eclipse an Avengers film. The MCU isn't the be all and end all to everyone, after all.

It won’t beat a Avengers. It might stop it from being #1 for it’s 3rd week (And that’s a might). 

I tell you what, though, if I had to make a bet I would put my money on Pikachu over Thor in a death battle.

Not that it matters as I've seen it now, but I heard my first spoiler out in the wild today. Took Zakir to a big playground in West Brom and a girl (maybe 9ish) was shouting at the top of her voice from the top of the slide 

Spoiler

IRON MAN DIIIIIIIIES

I would have been furious if I'd not already seen it.

Yes, that is the Sony way, apparently 

This trailer in particular though is so built to capitalise on End Game. I hope that isn’t what the whole film ends up being 

8 minutes ago, OCH said:

Making Mysterio a hero, Really?? FFS?

I’m not sure if this is sarcastic or not 

7 minutes ago, Maf said:

I’m not sure if this is sarcastic or not 

?

If this was the earlier MCU, it wouldn't have been. We're post-Thanos now though, where I am [a little] more confident they aren't going to throw villain characterisation under the bus. The amount of comments I read in the trailer along the lines of "I can't wait to see Mysterio as a good guy"... Those people, I'd want to hit in the face with a rock ?

I don't like Spider-Man, especially this new kid, so I'll pass on this one. I am pleased Mysterio at least goes full 'Fishbowl' costume though.

I've not watched it yet so I'm just on a drunken rant on Endgame

Spoiler

It's in a spoiler as no doubt I'll spoil something.

Anyway. In sat after a few, listening to rock - as you do, and AC/DC comes on. I get all teary an the wife's asking why. 

Fuckin Iron Man. Man. I mean the guy pretty much started this thing off. The music choices made were great. Love me some AC/DC. Tony Stark In the Comics is a cock. Largely. I never got down with him. 

But this MCU. Robert Downey. You had to like him. And now he's gone. So is Cap, pretty much. Dunno what's happening with Thor. 

But I don't know if I give a shit about who's left. Fuck em. 

X-Men and Fantastic Four should be a good focus. 

In all honesty I'd like them to start anew in some respects. I think it's obv Namor is coming. Perhaps the start of Illuminati. Even though one if the big members is dead. 

S.W.O.R.D. now with Danvers about and we'll get X-Men going maybe this is also a thing. Deal with out there stories. 

Drunken bumblings. I just don't want some turd to turn up n be; I'm Iron Man now. Or Sam as Cap. Doesn't work. 

Sad. Sad times. Who's coming with me on a second viewing then drinking sorrows. Possibly orgy?

Ideally I'd like them to start X-Men right back at square one: The Original Five. The thing they never did in the original films.

Fuck Wolverine and the sickening fanboys. He always comes Later. I am hoping that Captain America as he stands, post-Endgame, will directly be referenced in the creation of Weapon X, Red Guardian, Omega Red etc They could even go with the Ultimate Universe, debuting the power suit based versions of Captain Britain and Guardian/Vindicator ("Captain Canada") inspired by his legacy.

Personally though, I really want them to make the Fantastic Four work. Four films, half a dozen cartoons and they have all been various levels of failure. Is it that hard to make a cast of four characters, a family, work onscreen??

Lastly, @ThreeFour ? I already had one Northern Lass, I don't care for another? 

People talking about how Spider-Man will make a billion dollars, and maybe that’s true. But I also feel like Endgame might be in danger of closing the book too tightly. Too much closure and you really have seen the end of this story. I think when they make more Marvel films people might be like “No, I’m good, thanks”. Not immediately, but I think this could be the start of the downward trend for the MCU

Unless they have a really good hook. I don’t know what that could be but it would have to be something.

The other danger is mishandling the ‘larger world’ now. In comics it’s quite normal for something ridiculous to happen and then it’s over and the rest of the world just gets on with it and hardly anyone addresses it in a real way. The most you ever get in comics really (Outside of The Registration Act) is a bystander saying “I really got to leave New York”

But I don’t think movie audiences will be as accepting. I think people are going to want explainations and reasoning and more fallout when typically it would be like, well, on to the next thing. 

I think what I’m trying to say is people might care about this incarnation of the MCU too much and unless handlled properly and a really good hook for the audience this might be the beginning of the end