passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Splatoon 2

DisturbedSwan

Yeah it was fun. I do wish the map changed every hour or something, we eventually saw some fog, and there was what felt like a zombie wave (a constant stream of aggressive but weak enemies). More mixing it up would be better

It was interesting learning the best approach for the bosses. illdog likes it, but I think the sniper rifle has exactly one use, taking down the bubble launcher thing, but it is perfect for doing that. Voice chat really helps too, some of the randoms were decent, but the moments where we all pulled together were when we were at our best

3 hours ago, Hendo said:

The only problem with that is it seemed to suggest that friends at different rank levels might not be able to play together.

it's cool, you can play together, but the higher rank people won't rank up.

edit - there are 3 salmon run maps, 2 at launch, 1 added recently.

Not as keen on the Salmon Run map for today. Though it could be that I wasn't really feeling the weapon choices - I'm not sure the roller is the best for that mode.

We got stomped and moved onto regular multi, which isn't as easy to get together straight away, unless I guess you use the official app. They put us on separate teams for most of it too.

11 hours ago, Hendo said:

They put us on separate teams for most of it.

All but the last and of course we lost that one.

The Salmon Run thing. The weapons did play huge part, it was all very close quarters with very slow firing weapons. It got crowded quickly and once there are two bosses in your grill you're toast.

I was killing this last night, had some IMMENSE ranked battles. I am starting to investigate modifying clothing but can't decide what I want to go with, or actually how this process works quite yet.

I tried Salmon Run on my own but can see that a team would be super useful.

Noooooo, I wouldn't dream of trying Salmon Run on your own!

New one tomorrow, different map than I've already tried (Spawning Grounds) with mystery weapons. I'll probably be about so send me a message in Discord or on here if anyone wants to join in.

30 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Probably from 12 onwards?

I levelled up to 10 yesterday and tried ranked matches. You level up a lot faster!

If you've done some single player you may have picked up some experience or money boosters.  You go to the food van and you can activate them there.

Good games earlier, we actually had a team of 4 of us.

I've just had a thing I didn't know could happen. Just had a new friend request and it's from someone I played Splatoon with. I didn't realise you could do that.

Jumping back on now if anyone's around.

• 8 months later...

Picked up Splatoon 2 in the sale last night (£33). Was a bit dubious as the first game was one I wanted to love but didn't, as I was crap at it. I always blamed the controller (shitty Wii U pad's dead zones). Played this for three hours last night with the Pro controller and loved it. It played sooo much better now I can actually aim without it twitching all over the place. I think there were only three games where I didn't finish top of my team.

My favourite thing so far is finding out you can mash loads of sounds out in the game lobby music. 

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

As well as finally getting round to finish the campaign I got the Octo Expansion too and working my way through that.  I'm finding it pretty hard because it puts you in so many awkward situations and it's the sort of thing the multiplayer doesn't really prepare you for, it's like a different game and has a few different challenges to the base game's campaign.  Well I'm bad at it at least because I'm conditioned to a certain way of playing, maybe.

I did have a break and go back to some Salmon Run.  It's still such a fun mode.

• 6 months later...

I started the single player of this over the weekend and ended up playing it every evening so far this week. It's totally great!

I think I am in the last world now. It's taking me time to figure out how to find the entrances to each of the worlds, definitely needs some lateral thinking with each of the weapons in the inventory. Love it 😁

The levels themselves are brilliantly thought out. I assumed this was mainly a multiplayer game but there is some real gold in these stages!