passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Splatoon

HandsomeDead

But rabbid Nintendo fans are giving it a pass. Nobody should be giving it any quarter, chat should be a standard feature. To skip it for whatever reason is completely senseless.

To use skype as a sub is a stupid reason as well. What if I meet someone online who's alright? Do I just fling this person my email and hope they're not fucking lunatics? Do I ask them their PSN so I can add them on PS4 and party chat there? What if they don't have any other ways of communicating outside of their WiiU. This is a non argument, I don't even know why you're defending this bollocks.

Well you need to get out of your bubble then because there are people out there that don't want chat as standard dominating every game. It's that simple.

That time when Dead Space 3 introduced micro-transactions and it became a thing influencing the design of a game whether you used it or not. Well voice chat is the same. Not every game has to have it and the can be molded in a way that offers up a different kind of multiplayer game. It wouldn't surprise me if Splatoon was designed from the ground up with the intention of not having voice chat.

I look forward to all these chatless MP focused games we're supposedly going to see. I bet E3 is going to be wall to wall with them. :P

Well I never said that things should be that way, I just think it should be an option to explore rather than forcing chat on everyone. And of course that won't happen because all the bros insist chat has to be in everything, and they get what they want.

Ugh, give me strength.

It's what I said up a few posts , Nag. You build a game with the knowledge that people will be using chat to communicate differently to when you know everyone isn't. That's the simplest way I can put it. That's why I don't think putting chat in every game is something that should happen. Is that so mental?

I think people need to remember it's Splatoon not Battlefield. You can't pick teams, the maps are tiny, it's about claiming territory.

Voice chat may or may not improve things,but it really isn't a huge loss. If the WiiU had a proper party chat thing it would pretty much be all you'd need

I'd want to be able to chat if I'm playing with friends, otherwise what's the point? You might as well play with/against AI.

But I was under the impression you can't play with your friends in Splatoon because it puts you in teams randomly. If that's the case, then it's a bit academic.

That 'built from the ground up' comment did make me chuckle a little bit.

'Okay gang, we are going to be brainstorming a new game, its going to be a no-chat FPS with tacked on paint gimmick'

I dont think you meant that, I think you meant that they built it knowing that Nintendo doesnt do chat and as a result you can see from the end product that they wanted it to work with that limitation. To be honest I sort of agree with you that more games should think about how the player is going to play them when they are built.

Ive passed on this because im all shootered out, and playing a Nintendo shooter doesnt appeal to me.

Craymen is spot on. I play online to chat with mates,talk bollocks and swear with Sly. If the option isn't there,not interested. If I have to go through the hassle of firing up Skype,or PSN to chat,ill play something on that.

If DC,and people like that are ok without it,fair does. To each their own. But id rather have the option,and not use it,than be denied the choice at all.

I'm tempted to plonk my Squid amiibo down on the gamepad but that'd mean getting it out of the packaging, which I kind of didn't wanna do... :lol: What extras do you get in game from the amiibo's? Some bits of clothing and the roller to use in an SP mission?

Played my first 3 hours on this today, did an hour and 40 minutes of the SP campaign, and an 1 hour, 20 minutes of the MP. I liked the SP campaign far more than I thought I would, it was full of charm, I liked the platforming and the boss fights are awesome, easy sure, but still awesome, finished the first two worlds in the single player and then moved onto the multiplayer side of things.

I was impressed with the lack of lag and how quick it was to get into a game, I also liked the little mini-game that you can play whilst waiting in the lobby, didn't like only having to play on 2 maps the entire time, but I understand they swap out every hour or something? A little new bulletin popped up in-game just as I was logging off telling me there was new maps to play with so I assume that's the way things go down. The MP itself is really cool, I found myself really enjoying it, it does seem a bit shallow though and may become repetitive after 10+ hours of play or something, but for now I'm enjoying it anyway, it feels fresh, unique and a lot of fun. It was quite interesting to see some people in the games I was in play it as a typical deathmatch-style shooter though, some guys and girls didn't have any points at all, didn't try and paint the map in the slightest and just tried to splat the opposition team.

Got upto Level 5 in the MP, working towards Level 10 so I can unlock the ranked matches, not bought any clothes or weapons or anything yet, got quite a few coins it seems.

Planning to play another hour of the SP and and 2 hours of the MP tomorrow.

I just finished the SP earlier today. The last boss is pretty special and if they decide to do more SP content later down the line I hope they use the last boss as a template. It's fast and makes great use of the mechanics and really shows the game's potential.

And I wouldn't worry about this game being shallow in MP. After you've ranked up some more you unlock quite a lot of variations of the weapons and sub-weapons that keep things pretty varied. Plus the ranked mode requires quite a different mentality then the regular mode, and then there are more modes on the way. Nintendo don't really do shallow, especially these days, and this is no different.

I might go back for scrolls, but I will be doing the Amiibo challenges as I know that unlocks more gear.

I only died once falling off a platform when he first moves position. A proper idiot death. But after that I did it in one go. It seems the boss is locked into being killed in a specific place so I'm unsure if you can kill him any earlier for bonuses.