passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Twitch Thread

DANGERMAN

Yeah Portal knocked me sick, I lay on my bed and went straight to sleep when I was done, have just woken up fully clothed now.

Kind of a shame how few games worked out of the box. Portal and Half Life both made me feel ill, which may just be a valve trait. Eurotruck should have worked but didn't, and that mouse game (point perfect?) maybe would have if I I'd configured it a bit. Even Papers, Please, which kind of did work had bugs where the passport would go flying across the screen

I could see it working for something like Mad Max but it will take some getting used to, and apart from it being wireless I'm not sure what benefit it has over my old 360 pad. I think the test is going to be if I get back to Civ, Divinity or Wasteland and play them in bed on the tv

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried streaming to YouTube earlier and it said my net connection wasn't strong enough (which is possible, it has been rubbish recently) but the bigger problem I had is that I couldn't find where my video was on the iOS YouTube app, in case I had any comments.

I've no idea even if it has archived it anywhere.

Edit:

Actually it has and it looks pretty fucked up.

http://youtu.be/MNtBnHFacPI

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't use twitch that much but if you've got an nvidea card their software (nvidea experience or something like that) is really easy to use, bit basic though.

There's a program called xsplit, it a bit fiddly if you want to mess around with it, but it does do a lot. You're limited to 720 and 30fps unless you want a watermark or to subscribe

The overall sound quality and mix was good. If you had your stream running in another window the that would explain the delay, in which case if you really want the stream running at the same time then I'd drop the volume that you're hearing it.

It's good for monitoring that it's going out ok but there's such a big delay between you playing and what the stream sees, it's stops being useful at some point.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...