passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Cool Video Game Shit

illdog

On 05/02/2024 at 12:52, regemond said:

This is more a cool for me than an entire industry thing, but Rosie got a mini-promotion in PS the other week. She's now included in the distribution list for a code every Friday. This week's code was for the digital deluxe version of Persona 3 Reload. Well, that's what she thought anyway.

Turns out it was for that and literally about 40 other games, including the deluxe version of Suicide Squad... Even if they're all claimed on her profile, the fact she set the PS5 as her home console means I get to play them as well. If this carries on I'm not sure I can justify continuing to pay for Game Pass...

This week's games included Helldivers 2, Manita's Kitchen, a Spongebob bundle, a Nickelodeon bundle, something called Moonshine Inc, Skautfold: Usurper (a cool-looking Metroidvania) and around 30 other titles. This absolutely baffles me in so many ways. 

On 13/02/2024 at 18:08, Maryokutai said:

@Admins: Is bragging a kickable offense?

Might post the full list this week... If I'm gonna be thrown on the bragging bus I'm gonna go all out! Kinda hoping Tomb Raider and the new dontnod game are included...

• 2 weeks later...

Wow look at this Sonic Generations style platformer Electric Jester 3. It looks so sick. I’ve spent too much on games lately but I’m wish listing this until it goes on sale next. 

I wonder if can mod in a Sonic character model. If so who even needs Sega anymore 

I gave it a bit more of a look after I saw this video and these might be endgame levels? Which would explain the thin tracks over bottomless pit 

I think that’s what’s fun about this type of platforming, though, is the edge of the seat, just holding on thrill. But it does require some trial and error and figuring things out. 

The Sonic games were like that as well.  Because of the way the games work either the levels are too hand holdy so you can’t really fail, or they don’t hold your hand enough and the game moves so quick you constantly fly in to shit 

I don’t think there’s been enough games like this for anyone to really nail what level design should be like in these games 

I’m in to trying this, though. Just wait for a sale in a few months 

I played Spark Electric Jester and the sequel. The first is a 2d Sonic style game, the second a 3d style one, which is a nice touch. I didn't enjoy the 2nd anything like as much as the 1st, but it wasn't terrible, I liked it at points 

I know people don’t like the N word on here but I think if Nintendo made one high speed platformer they’d figure it out and give this genre the kick it should get 

5 hours ago, Maf said:

I know people don’t like the N word on here but I think if Nintendo made one high speed platformer they’d figure it out and give this genre the kick it should get 

Nintendo don't have Blast Processing, so they've no chance 

This week's free games included FVII Remake and Rebirth, Dragonball FighterZ Ultimate Edition, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, and a pile of others. 

Tell you what, I'm gonna need to retire soon, just to have time to play them all...