passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Mario Kart 8

radiofloyd

• 4 weeks later...

Looking around their site it's all kinda sexy, if they also do good reviews I might add them to my list of go-to's, cheers :)

I think I am discovering that MK8 is more exciting than a new baby...

This made me chuckle, because we're talking about a game with anamorphic apes, turtles, mushrooms and what ever the fuck a shy guy is. The last thing you would expect is some to try and turn it political. The "reviewer" also criticized the fact that Mario Kart does not have day one DLC. Games Journalism is dead.

The other notable omission is in the cast of characters’ diversity. After 30 years there are still zero Mario characters of color, a problem that Mario Kart 8 highlights by lining up all the characters on a single screen. When it comes to human characters, Mario Kart 8 is overwhelmingly white. Of the 29 drivers, 14 are human (including Toad and Toadette), and every single one of them is white. While it’d be atypical of Nintendo to introduce new characters into a Mario Kart game, it’s also where the deficit is the most obvious, and during play I found myself disappointed that Nintendo’s stable of characters so painfully fails to reflect the diversity of its audience.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2014/05/mario-kart-8-review-wii-u.html