passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dishonored

DANGERMAN

29 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

some of the people behind Half-Life 2 worked on this, I think the art director or something. Either way you're not imagining it

Yeah, Victor somebody (can't be arsed to google it), he did a lot of the concept and art direction of City 17 and worked on Dishonored. Dunwall does have a bit of a City 17 feel to it in places.

• 1 year later...

Picked up the definitive edition of this for £7.99 on PSN last night. Originally picked it up on the 360 but think I got it at the same time as Forza Horizon and never got past the sewers at the start.

Have to say, I enjoyed my first couple of hours with this immensely. I'm not the most patient of people so being able to butcher my way through the game without worrying too much about stealth was nice.

I normally play games as 'good' as I possibly can on the games moral spectrum. Not so much this one. I've pretty much stabbed or dismembered every person i've come across. Startled a maid in a house? Knife in the neck. The rats in this game are also great fun. Love how this basically gives you a massive toy box and lets you run amok with it. The blink ability actually makes stealth fun as well (just not as much fun as killing everything). 

• 2 years later...

I don't know quite why, but this and the sequel are both games that I should like, but I actually found them less fun to play than the actual concept was.

Maybe it's that I just don't really have the patience for stealth games, and things can go wild in these if you make a mistake at the wrong time.

My initial enthusiasm for this has subsided a little. The first mission is taking quite a long time because I’ve been doing the optional tasks and collecting all the runes and bone charms.

I’ve been pretty lethal, killing everyone I’ve come across apart from a couple of servants who I put to sleep, and dogs. So far it’s been a topsy turvy ride of smooth stealth kills and all out mayhem. 

The game does give you an impressive array of routes and tools to approach things though, for better and for worse I guess. I’m looking forward to getting back to base after this mission...