passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gravity Rush

spatular

I'm playing this now I finally have a memory card.

Surprised at some of the comments, it looks a bit dull and muddy to me but I am coming from a 3DS with mainly colourful games!

Taking a while to get going but I have found a bed and so can finally save.

I do like how it is utterly 3D and it is easy to get around the world. Not sure where it is going yet as I've not read much about it. Time will tell :)

I'm not sure off the top of my head, Nag. I think it's your next or next to next story mission. I tried having a gander at your trophies to gauge how close you are and they're all mixed up for some reason. :wacko:

Just remember that you can press triangle (if you have that attack) to get some easy damage in.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hmm, might see if it comes down, or maybe credit is cheaper. I will have a look at the firewatch reviews too, if theres almost no gameplay to it then im not going to shell out for that. I just fancy a bit of a non killy game.

yeah, while i really enjoyed it overall, i found the fighting pretty frustrating at times, and the controls can be tricky.

i've got the ps4 version, always thought it would be better on the big screen, so looking forward to giving it a go :)

Never owned a Vita. But just played 6 chapters of the Remastered version.

The gravity mechanic feels really fresh and fun. The music is amazing. The world and charcters are pretty cool.

But.. some of the mission design (mainly the side stuff so far) isn't great. Hopefully it mixes it up soon. But because of the above is so good I would still recommend it to thoses who haven't played it.

The controls for me have been fine and fluid. I would go as far to say they're good. What makes it so tricky with the Vita version?

i just had a quick go on the ps4 version so didn't get to much fighting so glad to hear it's better.

for the vita version it's been a long time, the tiny sticks won't have helped, but i really liked the controls for moving around, but struggled with the fighting and status field throwing stuff.

The problem I had with the Vita version is that it was fiddly as fuck to do anything within a time limit with any accuracy. I felt like I was fighting the game and its controls rather than manipulating them to my will. Some game you feel at one with how the controls work even if they're a bit convoluted. Gravity Rush on the Vita felt like I was vaguely throwing around a woman and hoping something stuck. It's such an awesome concept but until they manage to get a control system that reigns in how clumsy I felt whilst playing it's something I don't think I'm ever going to enjoy playing other than exploring. It was really frustrating trying to kick something in with limited gravity when the target was moving and only giving you a limited time to attack it whilst other things were constantly attacking you. It felt a little unfair sometimes because of that.

Casually exploring the area was fun though. I hope when/if they do a sequel they can sort out the issues I had with it.

It did have lock on for some stuff. I think it was a bit of a victim of the platform it was, they wanted to showcase all the features the Vita had so made mechanics use them. I can imagine that without having to use the gimmicks it'd control a bit better since a button press is much quicker than having to touch the backpad, tilt the console or swipe the touchscreen.

I finished the game once on a Vita I was loaned by a friend, but when I got my own and started replaying it I got up to a point and gave up because I knew what was coming up and I could not be bothered doing the most frustrating parts again.

played a bit more of the new version now and really enjoying it all over again, it's a lovely game :) but this is still true:

But.. some of the mission design (mainly the side stuff so far) isn't great.

generally the main missions and the race style side missions are really good, but there's some quiz, taxi, and combat missions i don't really like.

Because its hardly a triple A title is it? Dont get me wrong,I enjoyed this on Vita. And plenty of other people did too.

But charging full price for the sequel? I honestly dont see that paying off for them.

loads of non 'AAA' games get released at full price.