passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sony PlayStation Vita

Hendo

My psp is currently getting lots of game time, just bits here and there. Im off on hols soon so i know whats coming with me. For the first time in 5 years the DS is staying home this time.

Im looking forward to the vita, might even be a day one purchase.

• 2 weeks later...

launch line-up has been announced: Eurogamer

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

WipEout 2048

Reality Fighters

Little Deviants

ModNation Racers: Road Trip

Everybody's Golf

Escape Plan

Top Darts

Hustle Kings

Unit 13

MotorStorm RC

According to Sony's PlayStation Blog, Super Stardust Delta and Gravity Rush will also be available from launch.

Off that list I'd probably get Uncharted and Motorstorm, but neither are making me want a vita

I'd love one for Everybody's Golf, and maybe Uncharted and WipEout, but I can't see me getting one.

I read somewhere that MotorStorm will be one price on PSN, and seamlessly playable across Vita and PS3.

Here's a list of confirmed third-party games.

Army Corps of Hell, Square Enix

Asphalt: Injection, Ubisoft

Disgaea 3 Return, NIS America

Dungeon Hunter: Alliance, Ubisoft

Dynasty Warriors Next, Tecmo Koei

EA Sports FIFA Football, EA

F1 2011, Codemasters

Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7, WB Games

Lumines Electronic Symphony, Ubisoft

Michael Jackson: The Experience HD, Ubisoft

Ninja Gaiden (working title), Tecmo Koei

OddWorld: Strangers Wrath, OddWorld Inhabitants

Puddle, Neko Entertainment

Pure Chess, RebelPlay

Putty Squad Vita, System 3

Rayman Origins, Ubisoft

Ridge Racer, Bandai Namco

Shinobido 2, Bandai Namco

Silent Hill: Book of Memories, Konami

Stardrone Extreme, BeatShapers

Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz, SEGA

Supremacy MMA, 505 Games

Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, Drinkbox Studios

The Treasures of Montezuma Blitz, Alawar Entertainment

Touch My Katamari, Bandai Namco

Troopies, Bloober Team

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom, Capcom

Urban Trials, Tate Multimedia

Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition, SEGA

Orc Attack, Casual Brothers

Ben 10 Galactic Racing, Bandai Entertainment

Dragon’s Racing, Ignition Entertainment

Robot Rescue Revolution, Teyon

Mortal Kombat, WB Games

Assassin’s Creed, Ubisoft

Bioshock, Take Two

Street Fighter X Tekken, Capcom

Call of Duty, Activision Blizzard

• 1 month later...

It's looking bad already.

http://spong.com/article/26032/Sony-Quiet-on-Vita-Sales-Slump

A big song and dance was made about Sony's latest gaming portable, the PlayStation Vita, but since its Japanese launch week the system has been outsold by the Nintendo 3DS and even its predecessor the PlayStation Portable. What does Sony have to say about it? Nothing, apparently.

Bloomberg Japan asked Sony for comment after the device's second week of sales showed no signs of an uptick. According to the latest figures, hardware sales for the Vita fells from 325,000 to 72,000 - a drop of 78 per cent. Meanwhile, the 3DS had its strongest ever week with 482,000 units sold.

The Vita has a big climb ahead of it, and I really don't think it can make it. I'll be glad to eat my words if it does succeed as it looks like an amazing piece of tech. I won't hold out much hope though, I'm expecting a massive price slash like wut 'appind to that there 3DS.

I think it looks quite nice, although I bet it wont take hold until it's hacked and people can play MAME and stuff on it. I know that the original PSP struggled with N64 games, whereas this has the power to emulate them without them slowing to a halt. No doubt Sony will be all over that with firmware updates to prevent it from happening.

I don't think Sony really understand what it means to have a portable gaming device. Pretty much everything I've ever played on PSP was basically a scaled down PS1/PS2 game. There were a few pick up and play games, but in general the games made were just 'lite' versions of what the home consoles offered. When you look at what other mobile platforms are doing, in the time it takes a PSP game to load you can be making a move in Advance Wars, playing your turns on Words with Friends or playing online on something like Mario Kart, then as quick as you started you can shut the lid/lock the phone and be on your way. It's this mentality Sony need to be encouraging instead of making new Uncharted or whatever. If I want to play games like that I'll play them on my big TV thanks.

There was a lot of excitement when the press got their hands on it so I have no doubt it will likely be a decent system, but those memory card prices... *whistles*

If I can afford one I'll get one, which is my simple policy on consoles but they're making it hard for me to go through with it. Like the PSP I'll get it a few years down the line and rarely play it but it's sitting behind the 3DS and WiiU priority wise.

I wouldn't read too much in to it, the 3DS sold like shit after its first week, but today there's a story that it's past the Wii's sales figures for its first 9 months

It needs games, namely Monster Hunter, then sales will rocket up. That said I still don't really see the appeal of the psp style market, but then I don't really get why people would use their phone as a replacement for a handheld console, so clearly I'm not representative to the entire market

But the 3ds was epic cost to buy and barely had any games on launch. I don't know about Japan but its releasing with 25 games in the US.

Speaking of 3DS sales though, it's a bit depressing that it's sold more already than the GameCube did in its entire life ;/ stupid consumers.

only a handful for Japan as I understand it, and some of them (like Ridge Racer) are cut down versions that will be fleshed out for the western launch

It needs games, namely Monster Hunter...

Oh, looky here.

http://spong.com/article/26045/Rumour-Monster-Hunter-Hitting-Vita-in-2012

It looks like PlayStation Vita's apparent sales woes may be coming to an end shortly - according to a report in Japanese magazine Nikkei Trendy, Capcom will be at the rescue with a Monster Hunter title in the second half of 2012.

An 'industry insider' is quoted in the publication as saying that the series will hit the platform in one form or another. Which is pretty much a given, as the multiplayer action-RPG has had a long history with the PlayStation brand. There's no word as to whether such a title would be a remake, port or brand new development.

Of course, this is the same magazine that is talking about a 3DS Lite, so it's probably worth grabbing the salt again for this one. It wouldn't be a stretch to say that a Monster Hunter is on the cards for Vita, but one will most likely arrive well after the heat on the 3DS release has died down.

Just rumour at this precise minute, but it's fucking odds on that it'll happen. I'd be more surprised if it didn't. Also, you won't need a fucking stupid add on like the 3DS has just to play it properly.

i'm really tempted, the launch lineup is good but most of it is been here done that stuff, as much as i like ridge racer/wipeout/lumines/uncharted, i'm not that excited about playing them again (there is/will be good new stuff too), that + the pretty much inevitable price drop (^) and the stupid memory card prices are putting me off but i'm still tempted and hoping to have a decent amount of gamestation credit by then. will definitely get one at some point anyway.

http://spong.com/nibble/26102/USA-Gets-PS-Vita-Plan-with-AT-T-a-Locked-One

PlayStation Vita is to be locked to AT&T in the USA in terms of its 3G provision. It's also had a price plan attached.

Ars states that, "Two plans will be offered to consumers: 250MB of data for $15 per month, or 2GB for $25 a month, Sony said Monday at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. There will be no contracts."

According to Verge, "All that is detailed in the partnership agreement, the details of which we're of course not privy to. The North American PlayStation Vita box art for the 3G model highlights "Connected by AT&T" fairly prominently — and don't think otherwise. Plans start at $14.99 for 250MB and $25 for 2GB — same deal as iPad. So let's be clear: region-free, carrier-locked, and PSN-monogamous."

No deals for UK people yet, but I hope they're better than these that AT&T are putting out. Those deals weigh in at about £10 and £17. I don't think that's a good enough deal tbh, 250mb over the course of a month is absolutely fucking nothing. 2GB isnt either. If you watched youtube videos every day for 30 days you'd be through that 2GB in no time at all. I don't even think you could do any daily light browsing for 250mb a month. They miscalculated those packages by far. I'm hoping whichever network Sony alligns itself with over here offers a more realistic package concerning 3G.

Looks like a ver similar design build wise to an iphone 4s, metal band surrounding a glass frontage??

Still want one, but will wait until the summer now, my 3ds is doing a good job of keeping me amused while the OH watches rubbish on the tele!