passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sony Consoles and Updates

Sly Reflex

Just had a quick look at the PS Store (Yes, I know. Technically I've only finished 2 of 8 my games and three are still in plastic. But, whatever I'm just looking) and three really good deals caught my attention:

Limbo - £1.84

Hollow Knight: Voidheart Edition - £5.79

Ni No Kuni II - £6.71

The last one, I was a bit dubious on how good a sale price it is. In contrast to the first game, I saw very little fanfare when NNK 2 came out. Don't really see people talk about it either. Which is usually a bad sign.

I haven't played it but a lot of people say NNKII is worse than the first one and the first on isn't particularly good already so that's really all I needed to hear.

You'd probably like the other two though. I'm not a fan but Hollow Knight for 6 bucks is a steal in case in clicks with you.

23 minutes ago, Maryokutai said:

I haven't played it but a lot of people say NNKII is worse than the first one and the first on isn't particularly good already so that's really all I needed to hear.

You'd probably like the other two though. I'm not a fan but Hollow Knight for 6 bucks is a steal in case in clicks with you.

Whoah whoah whoah. Now, the 2nd one wasn't very good, but the first game was great 

I remember it being extremely frontloaded (the prologue is excellent and then nothing really happens for 15 hours) and the battle system was rather poor. It only really found its rhythm during boss battles but standard mobs put me to sleep and the monster catching/befriending aspect wasn't nearly as accomplished as in Pokémon. It was charming and had a lot of heart but its gameplay systems just weren't very polished.

16 hours ago, OCH said:

Just had a quick look at the PS Store (Yes, I know. Technically I've only finished 2 of 8 my games and three are still in plastic. But, whatever I'm just looking) and three really good deals caught my attention:

Limbo - £1.84

Hollow Knight: Voidheart Edition - £5.79

Ni No Kuni II - £6.71

The last one, I was a bit dubious on how good a sale price it is. In contrast to the first game, I saw very little fanfare when NNK 2 came out. Don't really see people talk about it either. Which is usually a bad sign.

I think you'd dig Hollow Knight and Limbo, don't touch NNK2 with a 10 foot barge pole though, awful game.

Thanks, but I did say it was the deals that caught my attention, not the games themselves. I already own both Limbo and Hollow Knight. I guessed from the lack of discussion that NNK2 failed to live up to expectation. Personally I would agree with Mary's analysis of NNK 1, too. The further on the game went, the less I remember liking the gameplay. Especially the battle mechanics. Stunning game to look at though, with great VO also.

I just managed to download some bullshit audio thing, then because two updates failed delete an entire game (which I need to now redownload)... why does this console make things so bloody difficult, I shouldn't need to choose what versions of shit I need.🙄

It recommended I download guilty gear and chose the ps4 version rather than 5. Which works out for me cause the PS4 version is better, but it does seem clunky the way it does that and how you can only use dualsense with the ps5 version (which sucks).

In order to get hitbox support on PS5 the company who makes them are saying it will require a hardware solution, eg a board you will have to install on the controller itself. Which doesn't sound like too much hassle, but at the same time I find it hard to see why that is justified in the design of the system itself. But I ain't a hardware person, maybe there is a good reason behind it but then apparently MS don't have that prob.

I got demon's souls and that will be my game to look at to see what ps5 games look like. I won't be doing lots of BC stuff on this system anyway cause I have PC for that so that specific issue won't affect me much. 

But I can't get past that wobbly fin stand thing, I dunno why they did it like that. Tbh the base PS4 was the last system they did where I thought the design was good, Pro was way too big (this is bigger)

You've got the digital haven't you... the full fat version seems pretty sturdy in the stand (and without tbf) stood vertically, I've never had it horizontally. Maybe the slight design change throws things off?

31 minutes ago, Nag said:

I've never had it horizontally.

I’ve got the full fat one and I can confirm it’s shit horizontal. The disc drive is really awkward to get at too, why it’s so low is anyone’s guess. Cant stand it anywhere so have to deal with it. 1st world problems and all that jazz. 

1 hour ago, one-armed dwarf said:

But I can't get past that wobbly fin stand thing, I dunno why they did it like that. Tbh the base PS4 was the last system they did where I thought the design was good, Pro was way too big (this is bigger)

Mine doesn't wobble 🤔 have you placed the stand correctly? You have to line it up the two prongs with the PlayStation Button imprint on back of the console, on the bottom white strip in the middle. 

I've had mine horizontal from Day 1 (XSX is also horizontal) and not had any issues, it wobbles a tiny bit when I wipe around it when cleaning but yeah, can't say I get triggered by it. The disc drive being too low is hilarious 😂 

I've not put the stand on at all, I'm just commenting on the form of the thing itself not being particularly good. I never put stands on things.

So I guess I'm a bit 'triggered' by that, yes 🤣. It's just not something I've ever had to consider with a piece of hardware like that, it having to have specific setups just to lay horizontal. I tried it with the stand now and it feels even more precarious. Just seems very ill considered

But I've not played a single game on it yet, drive being too low not a prob for me cause I'm all digital baby (except for Berserk mangas, the only physical media I've bought in years)

edit my ps5 is stuck in rest mode and wont respond

ty, the adaptive trigger stuff I heard can wear them out quickly.

I wasn't sure if the controller speaker was required for the dualsense stuff but it seems like it isn't. Again tho I feel like that's a technology I'd appreciate more when the VR stuff comes out cause little vibrations on footsteps is too much imo.

In VR tho it would be fucking great, it's the thing that feels missing on the oculus controllers