passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sony Consoles and Updates

Sly Reflex

there's a bit more found in the most recent update too, one or two features sound cool (turning the tv on with the PS5)

UPDATE 14/4/21: You can now download Sony's big PlayStation 5 system software update - which also contains a couple of previously unannounced features (thanks, The Verge).

There's an option for the PS5 to automatically switch off HDR features when the console detects non-HDR content. 120Hz support for 1080p PC monitors is also now supported.

Finally, there's options to link your console and TV's power - so your TV switches on when you power up your PS5, or your PS5 powers into rest mode when you turn off your telly.

The patch's big announced features - USB storage and cross-generation Share Play - are detailed in full below

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-04-13-playstation-5-update-finally-lets-you-move-games-to-usb-storage

I used rest mode once near the time when I bought it while playing Miles Morales. It didn’t end well. Had to unplug the console to get it working again.

Used it a couple of times on Demons Souls when I had to or lose progress and it worked ok when left for a couple of hours but still wary lol.

I was downloading the newest update and had a look at the PS Store. REmake 1 is currently on sale (£3.99) if you haven't played it, highly recommended. Beyond that, I didn't really see anything I was interested in. 

Good news

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/04/19/playstation-store-on-ps3-and-ps-vita-will-continue-operations/

When we initially came to the decision to end purchasing support for PS3 and PS Vita, it was born out of a number of factors, including commerce support challenges for older devices and the ability for us to focus more of our resources on newer devices where a majority of our gamers are playing on. We see now that many of you are incredibly passionate about being able to continue purchasing classic games on PS3 and PS Vita for the foreseeable future, so I’m glad we were able to find a solution to continue operations.

Yup, I called it. Cost cutting reasons lol. 

Hopefully those who ebayed Folklore got some good deals out of it

Gutted, I’d just got together some more of my rarer PS3 games ready to sell when it got shut down. 

In all seriousness though, this is great news. Thank fuck for that. Still shown their hand and God knows how long the “foreseeable” future will end up being but this is a genuinely fantastic to hear. 

Well, I guess it shows they listen to whats being said online, just depends what future plan of action is.

Hopefully its not a case of keep it up for a year and then close it without telling people!

after all if people dont buy anything off it seems little point in keeping it up.

If it were them id do a simple PS3 patch which makes the store purely a list/text based affair,

might actually run half decent then on the aging hardware.

When the PS4 came out they put the same store on PS3 and it was unusable. I can sort of get why it's neglected but it still sucks. Stores really don't need these radical redesigns constantly, they just need to be stable and not super heavy.

I think Sony tho have this thing where they feel they must define UI every single gen for some reason, even if it means stripped out features. 

Push Square: Sony asking suppliers to increase PS5 production

Jim Ryan:"Supply under the new coronavirus was very complicated, and we had to limit distribution to online. The supply and demand for semiconductors is also tight worldwide. We are asking our suppliers to allow us to increase production, which will flow into the market this year."