passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Skyrim

Sambob

The latest update for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has gone live

Features:

Mounted Combat - Skyrim now allows you to do melee and ranged combat while riding a horse.

Bug fixes:

General stability and memory optimizations.

General AI pathfinding optimizations and bug fixes.

Optimizations and crash fixes for data leaks.

Fixed rare crash with lighting.

Fixed crashes related to loading and saving games.

Fixed crash with summoned creatures/NPCs.

Fixed rare issue where saves would be corrupted.

Improved logic for when ranged kill cams are played.

Fixed issue with ranged kill cams while killing a dragon.

Fixed rare issue with certain ranged kill cams not playing properly.

Fixed issue with nirnroot lighting not properly cleaning up.

Fixed issue where bow damage was being calculated incorrectly.

Fixed rare problem with werewolf kill moves would not finish animating properly.

In "The Break of Dawn" fixed rare issue where Meridia's Beacon would disappear from player's inventory.

Fixed occasional issue where followers would disappear after player pays off a bounty after committing a crime.

Fixed issue where certain creatures and NPCs would fail to respawn properly.

Fixed rare issue with dialogue subtitles not displaying properly.

Fixed issue with water appearing blurry when loading a saved game after creating a save underwater.

Fixed issue where map cursor would occasionally disappear after closing a message box with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360).

Fixed rare issue with shouts only performing the first level and not other unlocked levels with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360).

Fixed issue where the shout buttons would stop working properly if users mashed LB and RB during cooldown with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360).

I met a talking dog just. I like him, I like his out of place American accent. I don't trust him though, and I especially don't trust his master. He is also the buggiest dog in the world, pretty handy in a fight but liable to vanish from sight at a moments notice.

For all the talk about how Skyrim isn't as good as Morrowind and Fallout for stories, most of the recent ones I've done have been great.

I got called by a goddess to bring light to her tomb, there's the aforementioned dog, and I'm about to end a werewolf curse

• 2 weeks later...

I think I might be done with Skyrim for a while again. I've put a lot of time in to it the past couple of weeks, possibly a bit too much considering I've still got Dragon's Dogma unplayed from Lovefilm.

I've spent a chunk of time doing the mage college quest, it takes ages but I needed to start to it finished the 3 brothers (who betrayed their father) quest. There's a mine/dungeon you can't get in to without one of the tutors from the mage college, which leads to a discovery, which leads to some fannying about. It's a good quest, but it does involve quite a bit of quick travel, but that pays off with the final dungeon.

The problem is that I'm at the level for some decent perks, but I'm 3 perks away from being able to get the one I want (heavy armour weighing nothing), so the thing I'm aiming for is going to take ages to get, or I could sack it off and spend points in archery and sneaking (which I've ignored despite being at a reasonable level).

The other problem is that I've done all the interesting side stuff on my quest log so it's time to start back on the story, which is fine but with how much I've played recently doesn't sound particularly appealing.

Not to be down on it as it's still great, and it's purely that I've spent probably getting on for 30 hours with it the past couple of weeks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hmm

"We have not announced Dawnguard for any other platform, nor given a timeline for any such news," he said. "If we have news, I promise I'd tell you."

Then: "I was simply stating that expecting/demanding something today is unfounded. Not that news is never coming."

One fans questioned Bethesda's communication with its fans, saying it had "handled this poorly".

"Yup, understood," Hines replied. "Sometimes it's better to say nothing until you can provide solid info than say something before you can."

surely there's no harm in just confirming it's coming, even if it's to say it's not going to be soon

• 1 month later...

Some details on the second expansion, Hearthfire:

· Choose Your Land – Choose from property in the salt marshes of Hjaalmarch, the forests of Falkreath, or the vast tundra of The Pale. For the more ambitious landowner, purchase multiple plots and start building a real estate empire.

- Customize Your Home – Expand your home with a variety of room combinations including an armory, alchemy tower, kitchen, trophy room and more. Grow plants in your new greenhouse, cultivate slaughterfish in the fish hatchery, house your Arcane Enchanter in the enchanting tower, or display your latest conquest in the trophy room. Add additional features like stables, mills, smelters, gardens and more.

- New Objectives and Interactions – Guard your home from unwanted visitors like marauding kidnappers, armed bandits, and skeever infestations. Turn almost any follower into your personal steward to improve and protect your home. Or if you require more help, hire a personal bard or carriage driver to ease the burdens of home ownership.

- Adoption – Transform your house into a home with Hearthfire’s all-new adoption system. Adopt children and discover new ways to interact with your family. Play games with the kids, allow them to have pets and gain new bonuses from having a family.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/08/28/skyrim-hearthfire-trailer/#more-121777

Trailer in link.

I don't have the ps3 version of this so it's not a problem that affects me, but it's appalling how Bethesda have fucked over people that bought Skyrim on ps3. There was the save file bug that they knew to expect, and now they're saying that Dawnguard likely wont be coming to ps3

"The PS3 is a powerful system, and we're working hard to deliver the content you guys want. Dawnguard is obviously not the only DLC we've been working on either, so the issues of adding content get even more complicated. This is not a problem we're positive we can solve, but we are working together with Sony to try to bring you this content.

There has been a bug that when you jump in water above wate height the game locks up that hasn't been patched either. I stopped playing 4 months ago because of it. Fired it up last week having seen a patch had been released. Jumped in water, still freezes. Can't be bothered.

It utterly killed my interest in the game, because I just couldn't get into something knowing it could go tits up at any given moment. "We're not sure how to fix Dawnguard for PS3". Yet they happily charged us £40 for the fucking game. Sure, I could have traded it for the 360 version. But part of me thought "oh bollocks to it".

Skyrim's Hearthfire DLC has been released on Xbox Marketplace for 400 Microsoft Points (about £3.40).

The pint-sized add-on weighs in at just 75MB. You pay a little under 5 pence per megabyte.

What has Bethesda squeezed into that file size? Well, Hearthfire allows you to build a house and adopt a child. Houses require you to purchase a plot of land, source the raw materials and customise the layout.

Child adoption seemingly requires nothing whatsover. There's no criminal background checks, even if you are a vampire.

But technical issues mean PlayStation 3 gamers might never see the content, or previous Skyrim DLC Dawnguard.

"This is not a problem we're positive we can solve", Bethesda's global community lead "gstaff" explained last week.

"The PS3 is a powerful system, and we're working hard to deliver the content you guys want. Dawnguard is obviously not the only DLC we've been working on either, so the issues of adding content get even more complicated. This is not a problem we're positive we can solve, but we are working together with Sony to try to bring you this content."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-09-04-skyrims-hearthfire-dlc-weighs-just-75mb-out-now

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...