passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Shadows of the DAMNED

HandsomeDead

im only part time, but ive still only seen one person (two including myself :P) buy this. the other person that bought it said theyd been looking forward to it for ages, but had heard it was crap.. so maybe theres also misinformation going around too. i reassured them it looked awesome, and reviews/giant bomb quick look were glowing.

• 1 month later...

I got this a couple days ago. I'm at the start of chapter 4-3 at the moment, just after the TASTE MY BIG BONER stage and the side-scrolling shooter level, and have enjoyed the game a lot so far. I'm playing it on Lemon Hunter, so don't have to worry too much about dying, just enjoying the ride. I've upgraded my Boner almost fully, with other gems going into the Teeth and Skull. The weapons are ace, I love the way they're upgraded throughout the game. It controls like a mix of RE4 and Dead Space 2, I'd say, and I really like it. Audio design is truly stunning. I've been playing it through my headphones, and it's been and absolute delight.

• 11 months later...

This game has so much more going for it than its reputation suggests. I realised that on my recent play through a few months ago. The surface humour is crass but some of the more subtle humour gets a bit lost in translation I think, and it's not immediately apparent (The briefly introduced and soon killed off Cole Train/Dom hybrid comes to mind) and Johnson and Garcia have a great Alan Partridge and Lynn moment in the catacombs.

If the level design was up to the same standard as Resident Evil 4, which it doesn't quite meet, it'd be a true classic. Though the bosses are pretty good; probably more consistent than the ones in RE4.

Picked this up a while back just because it was only £4 and loved every minute of it. Would've gladly paid full price for it had I known it was going to be that fun but totally ignored it when it was released and never heard anything of any note afterwards. A definite gem of this generation.

I think my favourite moment was the harmonica boss, when he's chasing you around the funfair stalls, tense and hilarious in equal measures.

I finished this on Monday.

Overall a great game, very much enjoyed playing it. Could of done without the side scrolling levels and the Big Boner section but Suda always like to chuck a lump of shit in his otherwise tasty pie.

The Johnson rap and the end was pure fucking genius, had me laughing like a bitch. Motherfucker bitch cock cunt went down...

Gonna give it a little break and then go back and try it on Hard.

Still talking in a gruff Spanish accent.

Yeah for all the frustration of the Big Boner section, this was a pretty great game. Someone needs to take Suda 51 to one side though and tell him instant kill sections in a game suck.

So what did he do for Lollipop Chainsaw? Put in a Time Attack mode, where an instant kill made your efforts worthless. Sigh.

• 10 years later...

EA seems pretty easygoing with those licenses, or was it ever actually their IP?

It's a good game to bring back though, severely overlooked back in the day but probably in the top 3 of Suda's best games. The teaser doesn't make it look like they're putting too much money into it but it being a shooter the usual framerate increases should already make it feel better overall.

The Big Boner sections were extremely annoying, from what I remember. Having to one-shot a constant barrage of enemies, and if one reaches you, instant death. Still, apart from that, it was a really fun game. I’ll definitely be replaying this.

Now if we can just get a killer7 remake, I’ll be completely happy 😄