passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Shadows of the DAMNED

HandsomeDead

I can only imagine this game came about when the decided to hold round table meetings in a cheap bar. Previous Suda games have had a bit of class to them, even NMH did in a way but this is low brow trash all the way; and I suppose it's better for it. It's very similar to Resident Evil 4 but it's not as good, technically. It doesn't feel as punchy and the levels aren't designed as well to give you a variety of options. It's pretty basic third person shooting. It's only the darkness mechanic (not unlike Metroid Prime 2's dark world, but pulled off better here) that keeps things interesting.

I was expecting non stop bad jokes, and they are certainly there, but it's genuinely funny from time to time. If anyone plays it and gets to The Legend of Stinky Crow will see, or maybe not, I found it funny.

The bosses have been great, too. All varied and shit, well as varied as weak point shooting as you can get.

Good game, bare tits in it, too.

Cheers. Would probably done it differently seeing it now but it's something I'm gonna be trying to do more of.

I'm doing a hard run on it now; seems identical but items cost more to buy and enemies maybe take more health off. If you're half decent at TPS' it maybe wouldn't be a bad idea to go straight to hard.

Bought it, loving it. :)

I'm not dead far in, the Ghosts'n'Goblins style map screen has moved forward, maybe Act 3?

It's everything I expected - the bonkers element from SUDA 51, Mikami's bringing the actual "game" and the music is awesome.

They should do another one with SWERY and it would be a Japanese dream team.

played a bit of this today, it's got its funny/crazy moments and its fun enough but i'm not enjoying it as much as i expected, really liked killer7 and no more heroes a lot more (so far anyway) and i think it's because of how different they are, even if this is a more competent game in how the main gameplay works, it's just another 3rd person shooter so far. could just be me not being in the mood for it though. unclear.

Those instant death bits are annoying; unless you're awesome like me and don't get too bothered by them. It is funny the way you die though, it's like silent comedy. More deaths should be done in the exaggerated style of a silent comedy. All quick and legs in the air and stuff.

i'm even playing on easy and still struggling! did the certain instant death bit i was stuck on now stuck on another one :facepalm: tried it 5 or so times now, there is a reason i play on easy, stupid game. still i'm getting into it and enjoying the non-instant-death bits.

Think I've done some of the instant death bits - do they involve you getting chased?

I'm very surprised, I fully upgraded my boner (!) with all the red gems I could find and no achievement. Maybe this won't be as predictable as I expected. What has everyone else been upgrading? I concentrated on the boner because it's my most used weapon, now I'm putting the gems into extra health.

Is there any new game+ where your stuff rolls over?

No, there's no game+ in this.

Dunno why that 'chieve didn't pop up, it should have.

I beefed up my boner first, too. But I used remaining gems to upgrade the other weapons. Never upgraded my health once; Booze is plentiful in Hell.

^ that's where i was stuck last time i played. edit - past that bit now :) the 2d section afterwards is pretty bad too, the shooting controls were backwards, i'm guessing that's because i have inverted fps controls :facepalm: still enjoying the standard shooter sections a lot more though.

finished this last night, my opinion hasn't really changed from before - some good fun sections mixed and some crap and annoying sections. there's probably a lot more good sections than there are crap ones to be fair but the crap bits did really annoyed me.

i enjoyed this all the way through (first time at least), great little game. looks nice (lots of rough edges but the visual design in general is interesting), good music, gameplays not amazing but very passable, but the quirky world, story, characters and humour are definitely great stuff. shame its sold so badly.

I was really surprised at how it sold. There was always complaining when Suda's games only came out on the Wii and they should be on a hardcore console; one does and it sells just as badly as the NMH games. All mouth and no action a lot of gamers.

I was really surprised at how it sold. There was always complaining when Suda's games only came out on the Wii and they should be on a hardcore console; one does and it sells just as badly as the NMH games. All mouth and no action a lot of gamers.

wasnt entirely suprised, considerign the lack of marketing up to its release. then on day of release when it had no advertising in shops too, just a couple of copies hidden in the shelves, i knew fo sho it was going to underperform.

i prefer this to NMH myself, spatular. glad i didnt buy that :)

Both games games are made of win.

I did some digging, actually. I don't care about sales but morbid curiosity took over. I don't know how much credibility this site has but I've found the sales for both games.

This is after 4 weeks.

Shadows of the Damned (PS3) - 30,456

Shadows of the Damned (360) - 32,406

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle (Wii) - 101,720

Now, for some reason there are no Japanese sales for SotD (Did it even come out there?). But unless it did phenomenally well there the story will still be the same. What were EA doing? Even the small publishers that were involved in getting NMH in the different regions managed to do a better a job, with an even weirder game, too.

EA are shite.