passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Wii U

Hendo

This one, aye? - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-25-iwata-isnt-nintendos-problem-its-miyamoto

Yeah, I read it. It's actually a pretty good article but I still don't entirely agree with it.

I think I've come to the conclusion that when it comes to what Nintendo should do there is this idea that they should stop all their IP and do new stuff and Miyamoto should go get hit by a car but a more sensible middle ground that would be best.

I don't want Nintendo to completely stop with the Marios, Zeldas and Pokémans because I don't want to live in that shitty world but more could certainly done to foster new IP from younger designers. I certainly don't disagree with that part of the article.

Must admit the article does make sense, they do need a new ip, but whats left? i can kill people, race, get fit, train my brain, what else is there they could do? all the sim style games are done to death and most modern games have been done to death. Maybe a nintendo version of dead space with luigi and his vacuum?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-30-ds-games-will-be-coming-to-the-wii-u-virtual-console

Nintendo DS games will be ported onto the Wii U's virtual console, Nintendo has announced.
The reveal just popped up on Nintendo Japan's site (via NintendoLife). The only picture demonstrating the conversion is an image of Brain Age where the GamePad screen is divided vertically to emulate the spine of the DS.
It may seem somewhat odd to port games from a dual-screen system onto another dual-screen system and only use one of the screens, but peeling one's eyes between the adjacent DS screens is a lot less cumbersome than looking back and forth between your lap and TV. Plus the dimensions of the Gamepad emulate those of a DS when turned on its side. It's unclear if all games will make this same sort of transition or if others will in fact use both screens. Perhaps all titles will come with an option for both? That would be pretty slick.
We've contacted Nintendo asking for clarification on exactly how this will work and we'll let you know if we get confirmation either way.
Additionally, Nintendo showed off a video of its "quick-load" update that will allow players to boot up software on the GamePad slightly quicker than waiting for it to also manifest itself on the TV. Using this feature means you're taken to a slightly different menu where you first select the software you wish to run, then the user, and it goes straight into game
Elsewhere tonight Nintendo announced that it will be bringing Nintendo Network IDs onto mobile devices and debuting some sort of health-related platform - possibly a 3DS accessory - in 2015.

Just what I needed, DS games on my WiiU. :facepalm:

I don't see why it's a bad thing, largely pointless to anyone with a 3DS as they could just go and buy the DS games cheap. I'd also put money on Nintendo releasing the games in drabs, starting with things like Brain Training and Nintendogs, but still, in principle I don't see why it's a bad thing

Think it's more likely you'd get Elite Beat Agents. Which, while ok, was nowhere near Ouendan's league.

Yeah eba would be more likely, but then we did get sin and punishment on the wii vc so...

And yeah I'd agree ouendan was better but eba is the same but with different songs, so is therefore pretty awesome.

I did enjoy EBA, gave up on the last song as it just took the piss by the end. Ouendan's songs just stuck in my head more. And the sense of achievement I got for completing it was a real "fuck yeah" jump out your seat moment.

Then Microsoft bought them and wanked away their talent on the Lips "series". Sigh.

One thing i don't understand, Super Mario World and Super Metroid are both on the wii u eshop, yet neither are available for the 3ds? the 3ds is powerful enough to run these, why are they not available?? I would happily buy them for the 3ds, but have no need to the wii u. :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Nintendo will begin launching Game Boy Advance titles on the Wii U's Virtual Console service next week, the company has announced.

The first game to arrive for download will be portable classic Advance Wars, Nintendo UK revealed on Twitter.

Developed by veteran Nintendo team Intelligent Systems - think Fire Emblem and Paper Mario - the strategy title remains one of the highest-rated GBA games of all time.

The Wii U eShop currently only sells NES and SNES titles, although support for other systems has been talked of in the past.

Eurogamer editor Tom Bramwell awarded the title top marks in our Advance Wars review over 12 years ago, way back in January 2002. Just to make him feel old.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-25-wii-u-virtual-console-gets-first-gba-game-next-week