passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo 3DS

Sly Reflex

i HATE where the power button is on the 3DS. I was on world 3-2 of Super Mario Land and went to pause it but hit the power off button and it didnt save my statae. I upon returning to the menu i had to start again.

typing this on 3ds. not that impressed with the poor offering on the shop, was expecting link to the past or something cool like that...

come on ninty....

no flash video on the browser which is a bit disappointing, I haven't tested youtube yet mind. Aside from that it's a decent browser (assuming it doesnt crash on anything that isn't a forum)

edit: actually its a buggy on the bbc site and a bit slow

The browser itself is alright actually, it crashed on wikipedia, but that will be stuff that can be ironed out im sure, but just before it crashed I was thinking how alright it was. Its slower than I hoped it would be but im used to Iphone and 3's pretty quick service/wifi, but im probably not going to be using the 3DS as my main browser so it isnt a big deal.

When more titles get on to the 3DS shop then I think it will be pretty cool, as long as they dont take the mick with the pricing. As illdog said 3.80 isnt all that much for a decent classic Gameboy game, but I wonder how much good Snes games will be. Also it has to be remembered that what the Iphone and other smart phones are doing with their downloadable games in terms of ease of access, quality and pricing etc are now the benchmark and getting better all the time.

Another PRO-TIP for Game Boy games on 3DS. Hold L+R+Y to switch between the standard black/grey colour scheme, and black/green. It's not as nice, mind.

And here are some rare 'Mon for your dex and sticker book on the Pokedex. Tap the cog icon a the top-right, then AR viewer.

pokedex-000-victini.jpgpokedex-144-cobalion.jpgpokedex-145-terrakion.jpgpokedex-146-virizion.jpgpokedex-149-reshiram.jpgpokedex-150-zekrom.jpg

granted being unemployed makes me a but more sensitive to price, but £5.40 for a gbcolour game is ridiculous.

I know not every game can be 59p but they'd sell more if made the price more competitive

I'm with you on that. Especially when you consider that the majority of Ipod games are bought because 'it's just 59p' or whatever. You don't mind buying retro games if it's only a couple of quid or less.

i sort of agree with you guys on the price, they'd definitely sell more at a lower price, and over a fiver for an old gbc game seems too much but on the other hand that particular game cost me over a tenner just a few years ago.

That's the problem with the App store. It's lowered people's expectations of what is a reasonable price for a game. 'It's only 59p' has quickly turned into one of my most hated phrases of recent times, it's such a throwaway term. I do think some of the stuff shown so far on the eShop is slightly overpriced, but not to the extent where I'm overly offended. They could do with dropping the prices a little bit on certain titles, but not by a massive amount I don't think. The minimum eShop funding should be set to £5 too, not £10.

I wouldn't have a problem with the GB prices if they were uniform, there's no reason for mario to be more expensive than the tennis game other than nintendo know it will sell better. Same witgh Zelda, it's not like it cost more money to develop because it's in colour, the game came out 20 years ago.

It's the greed of it that annoys me more than the actual price, afterall Zelda has enough game for you to get your moneys worth

as for the 59p thing, like I said I dont expect every game to be that cheap nor every business to follow that model. But Nintendo have to recognise that market exists, they cant complain if people look at buying some games and decide to go for the one that cost less than a quid than the one that costs more than 5 times that

Anyone know what the American price is? It's essentially a worldwide feature and so the cost to them should be the same no matter where their consumer buys the game, obviously in different regions you negotiate different contracts for the data to be accessible in various regions so there is actually a small margin for fluctuation but you offset a higher price for uk set up with a lower price in US perhaps but a need for more servers etc. Without looking I would guess that the amount in dollars and pounds isn't too different.

Right, so just checked and it's $5.99.

I personally think that the GB games should me no more than a quid. It isn't like they are having to make them from scratch, and those games are pretty old. They should take a leaf from the apple way of doing it and make the price throw away, people will buy them and not feel ripped off if it doesn't tickle their fancy once they have gotten them.

The way it is now I wont be buying any unless there is something up that really makes me take the plunge. It's just too expensive.