passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The MFG Weekly Chart

Hendo

yeah it is a big game, especially if you do all the sidequests. i did everything th first time through on hard, it was way over 30 hours. however i just went through on easy, skipping every possible cutscene and animation, only doing main quests and running past every enemy i could lol - clocked in at 4 hours 40 minutes

I did the same with Mass Effect - spent ages doing every side quest and mission and racked up about 30 hours on it. Then I took my fully levelled up dude and did a speed run through the main missions cleaning up the achievements I'd missed that I could be arsed going for - made it through in about 3 hours.

yeah mass effect 1 is a god analog for how dp works in that respect. although i think dp is way more cut scene heavy! reckon if i hadnt skipped everything my easy playthrough wouldve been way over 10 hours easily. oh and i tell a lie, i did do two sidequests because the reward is awesome weapons. could probably knock that 40 mins off if i hadnt bothered

Odd chart this week with stuff like Singularity and Fracture.

Both of these were me as I've just signed up for a cheapo three month trial with LoveFilm and they were the first batch (plus MoH from last week's chart).

I might do some impressions in the 'gaming week' thread if I get a chance later on, but I had hoped that I'd put enough time into Singularity to prevent Fracture from appearing. :blush:

Nothing to do with me guv.... :ph34r:

Yeah.

So anyway, Gran Turismo makes it's way in after people waiting years for it! Oh hang on....

Monday 6th of December - Sunday 12th of December 2010

1 - (NE) - Gran Turismo 3 : A-Spec (PS2) - 24 hours

2 - (3) - Assassin's Creed : Brotherhood (360) - 24 hours

3 - (2) - Call of Duty : Black Ops (360) - 24 hours

4 - (6) – World of Warcraft (PC) - 21 hours

5 - (4) – Battlefield : Bad Company 2 (360) - 19 hours

6 - (5) – Rock Band 3 (360) - 16 hours

7 - (RE) - Halo 3 : ODST (360) - 14 hours

8 - (RE) – Costume Quest (XBLA) - 14 hours

9 - (9) – Need For Speed : Hot Pursuit (360) - 12 hours

10 - (NE) – A Kingdom For Keflings (XBLA) - 12 hours

Further proof that it's not just a 360 chart, provided you can be arsed manually adding.

GT3 and ODST down to Dante, Keflings down to Sly.

Further proof that it's not just a 360 chart, provided you can be arsed manually adding.

*braces himself*

I'd argue that it proves it's very much a 360 chart, it's the only thing that's tracked. And that GT5 is almost certainly the most played game yet hasn't even placed does sort of highlight that, relying on manually adding stuff (and so things like correct times and everyone doing it for everything they've played) makes it redundant as a measure for anything not 360 based

That depends on whether you can be bothered to add or not. A PS2 game got more hours counted than 360 games which get automatically tracked.

It's whatever chart you make of it - to me it's multi-format, it just happens that only a handful of people take advantage of that.

I'd also like to point out that neither of the current negs you got is down to me, so it's not just me that disagrees with you on this.

I'd also like to point out that neither of the current negs you got is down to me, so it's not just me that disagrees with you on this.

I know, at least you got into a discussion about it though. It does seem like you can't voice an opinion nowadays without someone marking you down, kind of a shame for a discussion forum.

For what it's worth I take your point about getting what you put in, I was just trying to say that I don't think people are realistically going to do it enough for this to be an accurate measure.

still I was only one away

IMAG0032.jpg

Just off topic about Karma, i dont take it seriously, i thought it was mostly shits and giggles. Your quick to mark me down Ben when i post something about achievements but i appreciate that you mean people neg instead of posting a counter arguement.

My point is stop being a bitch.

But i kind of agree with you on this in some respect. In black and white, yes, its a multi-format chart but it really isnt an accurate representaion of what is played due to the hassle of manual adding so the 360 games will always be dominant. Shame really, id really like to see a big release Wii game properly tracked and up at the top.

I didn't neg Ben either. I also don't take them seriously, I don't even notice most of the time until someone points it out.

How do you manually add titles to raptr? I'm sure Sly or Hendo mentioned it somewhere. Although even if I did add Professor Layton or GT5, it still wouldn't be enough to make top 10.

I still haven't done it myself but I think on the dashboard you have the recent activity box, change "is" to "is playing" and then put the game in.

Sly or Dante would be better off explaining it to be honest.

I wish you could do it easily from the phone app so you could do it anywhere even if you're on a dodgy net connection (the Raptr site isn't really mobile friendly).

I'd argue that it proves it's very much a 360 chart, it's the only thing that's tracked. And that GT5 is almost certainly the most played game yet hasn't even placed does sort of highlight that, relying on manually adding stuff (and so things like correct times and everyone doing it for everything they've played) makes it redundant as a measure for anything not 360 based

It's a 360/PC chart if we're going to be like that, but I guess it shows how little PCs are used for gaming here that they don't chart even when you don't have to do it manually.

It's not raptr's fault the other 2 consoles aren't up to the task of sharing this data (the Wii even tracks this stuff on the console for you ffs.) I do try and manually when the game's in Raptr's database, but I don't normally play enough hours in a week for that to be noticed.

I still haven't done it myself but I think on the dashboard you have the recent activity box, change "is" to "is playing" and then put the game in.

Sly or Dante would be better off explaining it to be honest.

That's right. I think the game has to be in 'your games' on your profile, something you have to do manually for PS2/Wii/Handheld etc. Personally, I wish they'd replace the "is playing" bit with just "Played" making it a past tense kind of thing. I'm not sure if playing something else during those hours you've manually entered for "is playing" cuts it short.

I think there are several different length of time options to select from when you manually add (up to a max of 3 hours). Like Craymen says, it's a bit daft to have to estimate how long you are going to be 'playing' said game for, and makes more sense if we were able to add it in a past tense sort of way...