passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Forza 3

David

I did the intro when I got it. It looks really lovely (I see quite a few jaggies though), and at the start of the career they give you the race like at E3 in the R8 on that beautiful circuit, I won in literally the last second. The cockpit view is awesome, makes the racing seem much more intense. Shame my only car right now is a Fiesta...(By far the best starter car, I would say)

Track list seems like a MASSIVE improvement over Forza 2's pretty dire choices, with the almafi coast and beautiful point races in Japan. Also has the Le Mans track (I forget the name) The old favourites are back as well, mostly. Gutted I can't get on Live to download the extra tracks...

I want to get home and just take the Bugatti Veyron around the ring.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah, scary stuff wiivo. I installed disc 1 and then started the game up. It then asks if you want to install disc 2, so I did it that way. It might have got confused that you had already installed both discs, maybe?

I'm loving Forza 3 so far. I started off with the Jazz (Fit), and of course it's nothing special, but at least it's a Honda. I'm currently driver level 6 in the career, and haven't actually had to purchase a car yet as you get given one each time you increase in level. I think I have around 180k saved up, and man there's a lot of cars I want! The two I have to own at some point are the Ferrari F40, and Porsche 959.

Handling is sweet, I have disabled stability control, and currently have the braking line on only. I'm still using auto, although I'll probably switch to manual soon. I have chosen to use the bumper cam as that's what I've always been most comfortable with, but I do like the cockpit view, and it works very well indeed. I'm seriously tempted by the official wheel. Spatular, is it the Microsoft wheel you have? If so, how do you find it?

I love my little Fiat 500. Tuning it up right now. Got some weight reduction and it handles amazingly. I'm going to see if I can get it looking good with the editor, which I've always been rubbish at. Some of the stuff people can make with it is amazing, but I just put some random tribal shit all over my car, generally making it look awful.

Actually one thing I would say is don't go into this expecting it to be a massive leap from Forza 2. It very much ain't. The new tracks look lovely but the old ones are pretty much identical. The AI is hardly evolved from Fprza 2 either, ad it does some really stupid things sometimes (They used me as a bumper car at one point). It's a very good refinement with excellent new tracks and career mode, but this may be a little samey to those who played Forza 2 constantly.

i'm enjoying this so far, it's going to be a long slog though.

Spatular, is it the Microsoft wheel you have? If so, how do you find it?

yeah i have the MS one, i like it, works really well with games with good force feedback like forza, grid and dirt. sometimes makes them harder though. really need a table or something to attach it to.

edit - oh yeah i bought some stickers to put on my cars, a leeds badge and a pixel art link :)

i managed to squeeze in about half an hour last night. Played the opening (nice touch) and the asian cup. I agree with David that it is very similar to Forza2, however they have refined everything to make it absolutely perfect. It just feels so well put together, the menus are really intuitive, if you want to dumb it down you can, if you want to do everything yourself you can do that do. Excellent stuff.

Had a play about with the replays and uploaded a video (although i've no idea where its actually gone...) I don't know how they do all there sweeping camera shots as i can't find an option to move the camera yourself, i'll take a better look later though.

Also played about making a vinyl (JimboXiii in forza font, looks effing shit..) and stuck it on my Honda Jizz. Can't wait to pour more hours into this tonight.

I got my Audi R8 and BMW M3 E92 codes through a little while ago from GAME, also. :)

Can someone buy my really crappy PacMan decal so I get the achievement please. :blush:

i will when i get home..

I've got an awesome idea for some pixel art, had a go at it in Photoshop and looks good. Might take me a while to put together though.

So who's going to be about on this tonight then? I'll be on from 4.30 to 8.30.

How do you get to a friends store front? :blink:

I was going to ask the same question. If they put a car up for auction you can find it and access the store front from there. At the minte it is heavy leaned towards the rich get richer mechanic with the popular stuff at the top. Have you seen that brutal legend car already? :blink:

I'm loving this already, I knew I would but whatever, and yes its pretty much Forza 2 with more bells and whistles (or should that be spoilers and skirts?) but thats all I wanted from it.

I'm suprised that I'm actually using Manual gears (not with the clutch though) and the cockpit camera too, I also cranked the difficulty up to Hard rather than my normal Medium difficulty, and with all my normal settings (everything else off, Braking Line on) I get a 85% bonus on whatever I earn after each race!

Anyway, my first car, Ford Fiesta Z-Tec

Fiesta2.jpg

I rolled my Yaris. B)

I dived right in and turned all the assists off, kept it auto transmission though, I'm not that brave. I lost a few of my first races though 'cos I didn't get back into it as quickly as I thought. Its coming back though if a little slowly.

I'm loving that Fiat 500 you unlock early on, it can be flung around nicely. :)

I like the zx spectrum design on the rear :)

I haven't done much picture taking but of the 3 I have I like this one the most:

It's actually a bitparade "sponsor". I'm expanding it slowly and it'll be my livery for all of (or most of) my cars, I took a pic of the Sciroco with the more upto date livery but Forzamotorsport.nets playing about at this point in time.

Had a race online tonight too, just the one mind, and there was only me and a random guy, I went with an R2 Aston Martin as he was in an R2 at the time, then he changed down to an R3 Porsche and launched the race, I felt a bit wrong as I was in the "better" car, but I was also using manual gears and cockpit cam and hadn't driven anything above a C class with that setup.

About half way through the first lap (we did the long version of that sort of Spanish coastal course, the one thats in all the trailers and videos) I fucked up, applied too much pressure out of the corner and span the Aston, I was chasing anyway as I was poor off the line. I was 10 second behind but put in a blinding second half to the lap, and he made a mistake in a particularly twisty bit on lap 2 allowing me to catch right upto him, I was on his tail for a few corners then we got to the long straightish bit which is where I got him. Put in a pretty much perfect third and final lap and won my first online Forza 3 race.

Pity its only really out in Europe though, doesn't seem to be a whole lot of open games just yet.

I might start using the clutch. Also, that fucking cheating red corvette can piss off, it was full on ramming me out of the way. I'm a little fed up of driving around Catalunya as well, I must have done 20 separate races now.

EDIT: Here is the list of cars that you don't want to buy, as you will be getting them for gratis by levelling up.

Level 1: 2010 Fiat Abarth 500 esseesse

Level 2: 2003 Ranault Sport Clio V6

Level 3: 2009 Alfa Romeo Brera Italia Independent

Level 4: 2009 Ford Focus RS

Level 5: 2009 Ford Focus RS

Level 6: 2004 Vauxhall VX220 Turbo

Level 7: 2007 Ford Shelby GT500

Level 8: 2008 Maserati GranTurismo

Level 9: 2006 Lotus Exige Cup 240

Level 10: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Level 11: 2009 BMW Motorsport M5 E60

Level 12: 2009 Lexus IS F