passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

TV Shows

Jimboxy

The second season is still going in the States Ill, it's just been on hiatus.

Walking Dead has been great since it's been back, exactly what was needed after a poor start to the second season. Hopefully they can keep it going, continue ramping up the tension between certain characters and set themselves up for an exciting finale (and maybe, just maybe a third season :)).

I haven't watched any of the second season yet. Waiting for it to finish before starting so I can watch it in one go. We're watching Fringe S04 one week at a time after watching 1-3 over about a month and it's painful. Doesn't help that

Season 4 has been pretty bum so far

That spoiler doesn't contain anything that is an actual spoiler, just opinion.

The second season is still going in the States Ill, it's just been on hiatus.

I did not know that.

The last thing i saw, and read if you dare, was:

That little girl they'd been looking for coming out of the barn

as a zombie

and Egg from This Life

popping a round of caps in her ass

That was the end of the first half of the second season. You know what US TV is like, always taking breaks the lazy shits wave_smiley.gif

It's just started up again in the last couple of weeks, second episode (actually ep 9) was aired on Sunday.

Alternatively its on Friday nights on FX, the first episode was Friday just gone, will probably be on a catch up for your island viewing pleasure.

Wow, I've just watched the first episode of Homeland and it's brilliant. I wasn't really sure what it was about going in, and then it seemed to move a bit slow, but by the end of the first episode it's set up perfectly. I guess the problem with it is how long the series is, they could have this done in 4 episodes, but I suspect it's a lot longer, and I think 24 might be a massive stretch.

It's about a US soldier that was being held as a POW in Afghanistan and whether or not he's been turned. The first episode is on 4od, I dont know how long for because the 2nd ep airs sunday, but it's well worth watching this weekend

Back to BSG for me tonight, i had forgotten how good this was. I don't want it to finish, i know im onto the final stretch and only 2 discs or 8 episodes left. I won't spoil it when i get to the end. The quality of the filming, and direction i must admit its prob one of the best tv shows ive ever seen.

• 2 weeks later...

Empire have done an interesting feature on stuff cancelled early. I agree with most of them, particularly liked Firefly and Pushing Daisies.

Anyone remember Invasion (i think it was called that), around 2004/5.... cancelled after one season, i quite liked it.

Its in the feature Hombre. I really liked it but I think I lost interest once I heard it was being cancelled. I dont remember what the story was but remember being caught up in it as it gradually grew.

Maybe this should have its own thread, we will see where it goes.

I dont know if anyone except me watches it but Archer is back on 5* (animated secret agent comedy). It looks like they're showing the 3 episode mini movie type thing as part of this series.

http://www.channel5.com/shows/archer/episodes/heart-of-archness-part-1

the 3 parter isn't amazing but if you've not seen it before it acts as a decent intro to the series. This series has been brilliant though, probably the high point for the show

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

it's been great, however I'm hoping the last couple of episodes are part of a plan because if not then it's going to fall in to the Lost problem of having exciting things happen because EXCITE!!!

Not to put a downer on it though, I've loved it, it's been pretty much immaculately paced. And, after being a good boy and following along with channel 4, I've snapped and am downloading the final episode :facepalm: