passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Phone Games & Apps

Hendo

GameStop is updating their mobile app, so staff at brick and mortar stores know when you walk in the door and can greet you by name. It will also let them no what platforms you buy for and games you have bought in the past, so the can target up sell you on games or DLC you might like. That's just creepy.

Tried dj max, seems pretty much the same as the vita version, but I found the screen too big on an iPad, and it's got the same problem that I don't think the music is all that great. It seems like it's free to play, didn't play long enough to see how that pans out though. Looks like you buy in game coins which you can spend on power ups and new songs, looks like you can win these too. You played much of it PV? The vita version is £30+ I guess, think it paid £36, iirc it has about 70 songs though. The rhythm action gameplay is great IMO.

Is it just a single sentance saying "got my friends and former colleagues in games journalism to promote it to an obscene degree"?

Not quite haha, but it's worth a read.

Another board game I've never played Le Havre is on sale at 69p.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/le-havre-the-harbor/id517685886?mt=8

A cool article about how Republique was "saved" from nearly failing its kickstarter.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/176187/how_camouflaj_saved_rpubliques_.php?print=1

Is it just a single sentance saying "got my friends and former colleagues in games journalism to promote it to an obscene degree"?

me and you against the world CE

Don't you write for BitParade, so wouldn't you be part of the issue? Huh, Huh? ;)

no, I don't know the guy and have never promoted his game :)

Ok, thank you for being an honest jurno. But you would be more then willing to promote my completely fictitious Kinect SRPG/Shmup/Match Three Puzzle/Child Rearing Sim Boogie Tentacles: Disco Nights? Right?

Anyone else pick up Monument Valley that came out today?

post-1727-0-03879900-1396551642_thumb.jp

It's a very pretty puzzle platformer. (I want to post more pics but I don't want to spoil it for folk)

I'm up to about chapter 5/6. It's good.

going back to Threes, Patrick Klepek is still going on about it, and is starting to get a bit of stick for it. He wrote an article this week, which wasn't too bad, trying to contact some of the people that made clones, but in that article he highlighted a guy who had refused to speak to him, even posting his twitter name. Today he's put out a tweet again saying the guy wouldn't talk to him and giving his twitter name. Klepek gave a talk last year about abuse of, and via social media.

There's more in the gaf Giant Bomb thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=779561&page=107

I can't help but think he wouldn't care about this as much if he didn't know the guy (an obvious thing to point out I guess), I'm just surprised he's not aware of how it looks

• 3 weeks later...

Started playing Trials Frontier which is RedLynx's stab at Trials in free to play form.

I'm early in it so money isn't an issue just yet but you can see where the hooks are - upgrading your bike (which is very important) takes longer and longer each time or you can use crystals to speed it up. Also crystals make upgrades cheaper.

You can earn these on a spinny wheel thing at the end of each run though.

The controls work well enough so far, not sure how good it will be when the courses start getting much harder.

• 2 weeks later...

Started playing Trials Frontier which is RedLynx's stab at Trials in free to play form.

I'm early in it so money isn't an issue just yet but you can see where the hooks are - upgrading your bike (which is very important) takes longer and longer each time or you can use crystals to speed it up. Also crystals make upgrades cheaper.

You can earn these on a spinny wheel thing at the end of each run though.

The controls work well enough so far, not sure how good it will be when the courses start getting much harder.

yeah been playing this a bit too, fuel seems to run out pretty fast but considering i can play for hours on one track on the proper trials games it might be a blessing in disguise.

^ that looks cool, although i'm probably only saying that because i like cave story. looks like something i'd prefer to play with a controller anyway (from some very quick research i think there is a pc version).

also downloaded record run (ios game from harmonix) not sure if its any good yet, and won't play it much anyway because it uses songs from your device and i have no music on my ipad. but i really liked one of the included songs (there's 4 iirc).

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else pick up Monument Valley that came out today?

image.jpg

It's a very pretty puzzle platformer. (I want to post more pics but I don't want to spoil it for folk)

I'm up to about chapter 5/6. It's good.

This is on Android now, £2.49. I bought it. I'm on chapter VI and love it. It's a mixture of Echochrome, Fez and Journey. In other words, excellent. It's so relaxing to play.