passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

MFGamers Podcast (archive)

Hendo

Ha wireless network GET.

So far its good, I hate to say this, and maybe its just because im in it i dunno, but I think its sounds like a pretty good podcast, not just a good one that the sites done. Sound is better than I thought it would be actually.

Yeah, Capcom do rule.

DMC4 wasn't that bad, it was nice for us that weren't too great at DMC3. Nero was fun to use when he kept his mouth shut. But it should of been better, I will say that.

A game that wasn't mentioned much in while talking about downloadable games is Wipeout HD. It's such a leap forward in terms of downloadable games as I think it's the only one I play like a retail game. Castle Crashers, SFIIHD and even Braid I never played more than an hour at a time, it's not that I get bored of them, I just seem to play them that way but Wipeout I can spend an evening on. A truelly great game that is.

In fairness, I wanted to add that I totally forgot to mention N+ and GTA IV, which were two of my favourite games of last year.

GTA IV, especially, got an unfair load of shit thrown at it after a while. In contrast, I wasn't expecting much (not having enjoyed the previous games) and was surprised to find such a grown up game.

The writing in particular is of a very high standard and it's good that they took a slightly different turn and left behind the obvious gangster stereotypes (Gangstas and Mob spring to mind).

And N+ is pure EVIL.

But I do love it so. :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

MFGamers Podcast 11 - Music From Games vol.6

Ben and Hendo run through some more pieces of game music.

Tunes chosen by Ben, David, Different Class, Hendo, illdog, JimboXiii, RetroEd, sambob, Spatular and wiivo.

Theme music courtesy of Brad Sucks found at http://www.bradsucks.net

MFGamers Podcast 11 - Music From Games vol.6

(right click, choose save as...)

Subscribe by hitting the iTunes button.

itunes.gif

Previous:

Music From Games vol.1

Music From Games vol.2

Music From Games vol.3

Music From Games vol.4

Music From Games vol.5

I see what Ben means about the Mirrors Edge track with lyrics in, it sounds like it'd be in some sort of rom-com or general chick flick. The instrumental version of it I do like though. Not sure about that track from DOOM, reminds me of chavs driving Vauxhall Nova's with their boot rattling because their playing something similar and have far too much bass...

I thought the Doom track was pretty awful. :lol:

It does make me think of finding good game music, even my own choice I'm unsure about it out of context, within the game enviroment it's great and maybe the Doom track is the same. I suppose that game music isn't designed to be listened to alone and is only to add to the gaming experiance and not being fond of the game in question can seriously effect your judgment of it. I don't know why I have to explain myself to Ben as his choice was, to be frank, a bit naff. ;)

Saying all that I did rather like the Shenmue piece so I could be talking shite after all.

I liked Shenmue, Galaxy, Kirby and a couple others, and of course loved Shine/Still Alive, which were nicely mixed by the way Hendo, pretty much seamless. It was the best track on the show without a doubt. ;)

Some good stuff this show. Doom was a bit WTF!, though, and that Street Fighter rapping was shocking. :blink::lol:

Some good stuff this show. Doom was a bit WTF!, though, and that Street Fighter rapping was shocking. :blink::lol:

Haha, Ben fails (seriously, of all the SFII music to choose from :rolleyes: ). I liked the Shine/Still Alive bit too. Especially the Shine bit.

Nah, all in all it was a nicely varied selection. Well done, team.

that was cool :)

every time there's a pokemon theme it seems really familiar, but i've never played pokemon, sounds like it's similar to some zelda music (or some other nintendo game) to me - maybe the same person did the music?

also sort of, but not really, game music - here's some tracks i really like from guitar hero/rock band/frequency:

science genius girl

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tQfTqpwm74g&...feature=related

elephant bones

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4NVgwDEvVOc

(probably not the official video but includes jimbo's dancing avatar)

laid to rest

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3EfFUw6DAdc

(not usually a fan of shouty stuff (or whatever you might call this) but the music is awesome to play along to)

Ooh, what track of mine is rubbished/incorrectly played this time!? ;):D

I never seem to have luck with these things.

:D

In fairness there was only that one time. Jimbo and Ben have taken that place this time.

I liked your pick this time but there was just nothing I could add to what I've said before about that soundtrack.

Riva's given me a pick for the next one and as always, keep more choices coming.

Anyone else that want to join in just PM me with some tracks.

Incidentally, one of the CD's I was thinking of near the end was my Erasure CD that has them covering ABBA, which on the gay-ometer is camping it off the scale.

• Hendo changed the title to MFGamers Podcast (archive)
  • Hendo locked this topic