passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

MFGamers Podcast (archive)

Hendo

#2. Kooks are randoms, a slang also aimed at stupid people. Crackers.

I just thought you meant the band.

I thought that too, it wasn't until people started using it out of context that I grasped what the hell they were on about. Kooks can also mean bystanders. Say like someone gets hit by a car, the people that walk past ignoring are kooks. Might be where the band picked them name up from?

MFGamers Podcast 39 - Music From Games vol.14

Tunes chosen by Badger McCornish, Ben, Craymen Edge, Cyberpunk, DifferentClass, Hendo, JimboXiii, Sly Reflex and wiivo.

Theme music courtesy of Brad Sucks found at http://www.bradsucks.net

MFGamers Podcast 39 - Music From Games vol.14 (Enhanced version)

MFGamers Podcast 39 - Music From Games vol.14 (Standard version)

(right click, choose save as...)

Subscribe in iTunes.

Just had a quick look on youtube and I can't find a clip with the music going with the face (people seem to like to dub their own music over the top.......cheers :angry: ) but that tune is what you find if you search for Super Mario 64 theme, so must be it.

OOH I have finally thought of a good music from games addition. I will need to do some research but its from final fantasy tactis war of the lions, its a theme that plays when you are in random battles, what is the best way to find out the names of stuff?

MFGamers Podcast 40 - What We're Playing 02/11/09

This week: Street Fighter IV, Scarecrow, Brutal Legend, Folklore, Uncharted 2 : Among Thieves, Borderlands, the Gaming Week and Sly @ Eurogamer.

Theme music courtesy of Brad Sucks found at http://www.bradsucks.net

MFGamers Podcast 40 - What We're Playing 02/11/09 (Standard version)

MFGamers Podcast 40 - What We're Playing 02/11/09 (Enhanced version)

(right click, choose save as...)

Subscribe in iTunes.

Why, are you saying the podcast is usually shit? :(

It just seemed stupid to rush through yours given you'd played stuff that wasn't out. I think it took longer than we expected, but we were picking out stuff we were interested in so there was a bit of discussion. It was more interesting that talking about our stuff i reckon

Nice work Hendo, Ben and Sly.

I disagree with the point Ben made of not enjoying Forza (or games like it) because you have to start in common run-arounds and upgrade to the more exotic cars. I was doing a race before in the old Mk2 Golf, I was tearing around some Japanese foothills with all the assists off and it felt fantastic, revving the engine more than you should and everything was manageable. Doing a similar thing in a high performance car you can't put your foot down to much or you'll spin out and being to harsh on the brakes will make them lock up and you'll end up in a wall (thats if the assists are still off). This balancing act is where the challenge is but I still think there is plenty of fun to be had in the starter cars.

I also disagree with Hendo, Lemmy does a great job in Brutal Legend. His dry delivery makes some of his lines brilliant, like the 'thicker than a babies arm' one.

Jeez guys, get it right.

• Hendo changed the title to MFGamers Podcast (archive)
  • Hendo locked this topic