passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Hendo Revolution continues...

illdog

Just me then?..

I traded some stuff in today at Gamestation, here's what I sold and what I got for them.

• Bulletstorm Epic Edition - £35
  • Just Cause 2 - £13
  • Mirror's Edge - £3
  • Beyond Good & Evil - £1.30

I bought Bulletstorm for £32.50 on launch. Just Cause 2 was bought for £4.99 at the beginning of the year but I prefer my linear games so took advantage of the £9 profit. I sold my PS3 version of Mirror's Edge as I've picked it up on 360 again (only using PS3 for exclusives now), and got rid of BG&E as I'll get the XBLA version. Got a total of just over £60 on my GS card now.

Going to trade a few PS3 games today.

CEX will give £34 for Vanquish, Sly Trilogy, and LBP so possibly up to 37 via Gamestation price matching.

Dunno if I'll pick up one of the recent big releases or hold on for something like Okamiden.

• 3 months later...

Traded in 4 games today

Halo 3 - £2, Duke Nukem Forever - £35, Dead or Alive: Dimensions - £27.50 |Gamestaton

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition - £20 |Asda

I should have taken DoA to HMV, i know they give £3 more but i was too bust talking to the girl and she let me push in front of the queue :blush:

Traded in FIFA 11 today, just got so fed up of it. I'm addicted to it's hateful love so keep going back for more but now I've broken free, bought some ms points so can experience a bit of variety.

I'm FREE!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I traded in some wares today at Gamestation. Prices in brackets are GS's laughable values before CEX + £1 price match.

• The World Ends With You (NDS) - £16 (£2.50)
  • Dead Space 2 (360) - £7 (£2.50)
  • GTA IV Complete Edition (360) - £17 (£13)
  • Fallout 3 GOTY (360) - £13 (£3)
  • Halo Reach (360) - £9 (£6)

Total - £62

Guy behind the counter mentioned how amazing TWEWY was, and that he hadn't seen a copy for ages. Shame to let it go, but I'll never go back to it and it was worth a decent amount.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Gamestation gave me £24 to beat the £23 HMV offered on Mario Kart [Wii]

He informed me that the policy has changed, they can't take in anything more for what they sell it for, so they'll only make 99p profit from my game.

They better change their motto!

Totally forgot about this thread till now, but Amazon have started doing a trade-in scheme on games (& books) in the last few weeks...

A couple of weekends ago they were giving an additional £5 if you traded in two items by a certain date, so I sent them Deathsmiles (£8.45) and Rainbow Six Vegas (60p) and a few days later received the credit as a gift balance & the £5 as a promo-code... which I used this weekend...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The PSP Go is erm going today, off to CEX and Game to see what i can get for it, if i can pick up a couple of vita games pre-owned i will be happy with that, tbh it just sits collecting dust, will keep my psp 3000 as i still have UMD's i want to play, curses sony for not letting me download my old games to my new vita!! otherwise that would go as well.

Well game offered £25 no box, I challenged him said cex would give me £48 showed him the link cheers ed, so he matched there and then, wanted mortal kombat but out of stock, do have a £48 gift card might pop back and get a 16gb memory card for the vita don't fancy holding on to a game gift card too long

I'm glad they matched it for you. I know Gamestation (and HMV) pricematch and add an extra quid to sweeten the deal, but GAME's policy seems to change a lot. Sometimes they have signs up saying they'll match, and other times they won't match at all. I think GAME sell Mortal Kombat for £39.99, that's what it was in Gamestation last weekend anyway. I know you have credit to use, but simplygames.com have MK for £24.85, massive saving. May as well use the credit on a memory card, as they're only about a fiver more there than online anyway I think.