passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The random download games thread

Sambob

XBL Gold 12 month £27

would this work over here, i assume so as its only a code you enter. Works out about half price if it does.

Anyone gonna take a risk?

.:EDited:. i was being a moron, it should take you to play-asia now..

got omega five today and really enjoying it, surprising as it's a bit like r-type with all the memorisation which would usually annoy me, although it does get a bit rediculous on the stage 3 boss. hit box doesn't seem to be as massive as it looks and there are no checkpoints so that's good. instructions are pants and don't really explain anything. graphics are really nice too.

anyone else got it or tried the demo?

Swallow wrote:

Dunno what that link is, but a US or Japanese code WILL NOT work on a UK machine.

The code should work, i bought one from hong kong and i think got theyre stuff from america. mines worked perfectly fine so i dont see why it wudnt

And nope i dont live in hong kong but i do go there every few years

TopGunKnacker wrote:

me and ill nailed some sensi before, twas great fun. the last match was a clash of the titans! rochdaaaaaalllle :P

It was great, P Raga for the win. Were even, 1 win each and the last match was a stunning 3 - 3, seeing me come back form 2 - 0 down to go 3- 2 up, only for TGK to equalise at the death.

Also had an absolue belter with Sly, 4 - 4 in the first match, then my class shone through for a 9 - 3 punishing. Best Live game evor!

Spatular wrote:

got omega five today and really enjoying it, surprising as it's a bit like r-type with all the memorisation which would usually annoy me, although it does get a bit rediculous on the stage 3 boss. hit box doesn't seem to be as massive as it looks and there are no checkpoints so that's good. instructions are pants and don't really explain anything. graphics are really nice too.

I downloaded the demo last night but have yet to try it. Shall definately purchase if its any good. Downloaded Tron demo too, just for shits and giggles.

Get yourselves an American account and download the Spongebob Underpants demo, its top!*

*Not actually that good but its Spongebizzle.

spatular wrote:

yeah i've got it! i reckon its amazing, if only online play was included this would be the best XBLA game yet!

its really easy the more you play it, you unlock more credits and easier characters, I 1cc'd it in about 3 hours of playing.

spatular wrote:

Add another one to the pile. :)

I've played it through on the demo version, and I'm pretty impressed but do the pink triangles harm you or are you meant to pick them up?

I've got 1600 points left on the account so I might buy this and Metal Slug 3 and then put some more points on my account ready for Rez and Ikaruga.

Hendo wrote:

do the pink triangles harm you or are you meant to pick them up?

pick them up and they slowly fill up the 3 triangle icons in the bottom left, these are your bombs - activated with the left trigger :)

unfortunately the instructions are pants and don't really explain much. you can also cancel bullets using the bumpers but it takes off some health so i'm not sure how useful that is?

congradulations on the 1cc Supagorgonizer! i hope to get there some day :)

I was playing E4 last night, and it's bloody fantastic. I got a mega super high score to go on the leaderboards, then realised that I was playing the second level and it only takes level one for the leaderboard. I was going for the 2000 chain which I almost managed but failed with 1942. I'm going to get it, though.

Awesome game, I think it's taken over from Pac-Man CE as best XBLA game for me. It has amazing graphics that suck you in and I was sitting there in awe at all the explosions happening on screen. The R4 revenge mode of E4 turns the game almost into Geometry Wars, too. Unlimited mode is where it's at, though.

Im glad a few other people are playing E4, its a great game and ive got a mega score for you all to beat.

Dunno Hinn, just keep practising, collect the extend time icons and the keep upping the beat, keep an eye on your time but try and rack up those explosions for super combo's. Just need a bit of play and it will click.

As for Omega 5, it keeps getting better. I just unlocked the five (and very needed) credits after playing it for 60 mins. Im getting better with every run, obviously thats the beauty of shoot em ups but I got absolutely spanked by the Level 3 boss.

i don't get E4 at all it seems practically impossible to die and you spend a lot of time doing nothing :unsure:

for the stage 3 boss in omega five, when the blades start to spin around you, stay right in the centre of the screen and you only have to worry about the debris. got the 1cc last night :)

edit 2 - ikaruga achievements nicked from the shmup forum:

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=12637&start=180

"Target: Eboshidori - Destroy Eboshidori! (10 G)

Target: Buppousou - Destroy Buppousou! (10 G)

Target: Uzura - Destroy Uzura! (15 G)

Target: Misago - Destroy Misago! (15 G)

Target: Tageri - Destroy Tageri! (15 G)

Good Grade - Complete Chaper 1 in any mode with a grade of A or better (20 G)

Final Grade - Complete Chapter 2 in any mode with a grade of A or better (20 G)

Excellent Grade - Complete Chapter 3 in any mode with a grade of A or better (20 G)

Stellar Grade - Complete Chapter 4 in any mode with a grade of A or better (20 G)

Star Player - Complete the Final Chapter in any mode with a grade of A or better (20 G)

Unstoppable - Clear the game in any mode without using Continue (25 G)

Dot Eater - Clear a certain chapter in any mode without shooting at all (10 G)"

edit 3 - sorry if that's ^ a bit overkill but i'm getting quite excited about ikaruga :blush:

I won't be getting Ikaruga off XBL anyway, two reasons mainly. 1, I already have it for the Gamecube. 2, I don't want my score available to anyone who cares to look, as I am dreadful at it.

As for Rez, I will be getting that though, I never got round to getting the PS2 version.